CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Rear Seat install - update

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 08:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 ML350 Bluetec
I'd like to suggest that the moderator lock this thread. It's the most redundant asinine thread I've read in a long time.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2008 BS
Originally Posted by wonsuk_utmb
I'd like to suggest that the moderator lock this thread. It's the most redundant asinine thread I've read in a long time.
i agree. some of the posts are good but the majority are people trying to argue with say myself when they should be arguing with MB.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
88-300CE TWIN TURBO, 99-C43, 05-G55K, 71-280SL, 94-E320 CAB, 08 CLK63 BLACK SERIES
Originally Posted by SMP
I hear you on the roll bar ... when the kids get too big for it, let me know ... I figured out an easy way to clean the rear window.
Pray tell.....

I just purchased a long handle with a triangular microfiber pad on the end....haven't used it yet...
Old 01-12-2012, 08:37 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by jrcart
I would not recomend going with one of the tiny little carbon fiber Braille's, I had one in my Black Series 2 years ago and it led to lots of problems, these cars need amps and the Brailles don't have enough cca"s to feed the cars electronics. If you are dead set on one you can come grab mine for free...I liked it that much LOL. The weight savings were awesome but the battery sucked, they are basically just re-packaged motorcycle batteries.
Hi Jrcart, how much does the OEM battery of the CLK Black Series weight? Have you had the chance to weight it? Also, you mentioned having problems with the Carbon Fiber Braille battery. Did you have problem with the car not starting or???
Old 01-13-2012, 06:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2008 BS
clk, why don't you just weigh yours?
Old 01-19-2012, 11:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by CLK_63_Black
Hi Jrcart, how much does the OEM battery of the CLK Black Series weight? Have you had the chance to weight it? Also, you mentioned having problems with the Carbon Fiber Braille battery. Did you have problem with the car not starting or???
There was about 50 pounds saving if my memory serves me correctly. There are so many electronics in these cars that depend on constant steady current that the little Braille could not keep up with. Without getting into a bunch of boring details I will give you the short version of what happened. I was getting error codes and CEL's and when we plugged them into STAR diagnostic tool the codes came back as electronic releated, this happened at a track event I borrowed a stock battery from somebody went back out on the track and the thing ran fine the rest of the afternoon. I have since invested the the top of the line Optima battery and a very complex trickle charging system and have not had any issues since. 50 pounds of savings is not worth the headaches or the risk of possibly frying or shorting out our very expensive and complex electrincs systems.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:33 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by jrcart
There was about 50 pounds saving if my memory serves me correctly. There are so many electronics in these cars that depend on constant steady current that the little Braille could not keep up with. Without getting into a bunch of boring details I will give you the short version of what happened. I was getting error codes and CEL's and when we plugged them into STAR diagnostic tool the codes came back as electronic releated, this happened at a track event I borrowed a stock battery from somebody went back out on the track and the thing ran fine the rest of the afternoon. I have since invested the the top of the line Optima battery and a very complex trickle charging system and have not had any issues since. 50 pounds of savings is not worth the headaches or the risk of possibly frying or shorting out our very expensive and complex electrincs systems.
I hear you loud and clear! I had spoken with Dan from Braille batteries and he mentioned to me that there was a battery model that is the equivalent of the OEM battery but the only problem was that it cost $1,900 which was a bit too much. Probably the Braille battery you used had less cranking amps and that's why you were getting error codes. Had you used the stronger one, probably (I emphasize the word "probably") you may have not had any issues. But I think you are right as far as the cost versus weight savings though. Don't give me wrong though, cause there are a lot of benefits going with Lithium batteries (i.e. life span, etc.). I do believe that Porshce has been using lithium batteries in some of their late models due to their life span. Another benefit with having lithium on the Black Series would be the accessibility issue, particularly if one has installed fixed bucket seats (like I did). I can't even imagine the pain in the neck to get to the battery back there without removing the seats. One need to be a Spyderman to get back there. I almost tried it once, and literally I nearly dislocated my shoulder. :-) With lithium battery (I am referring the one with the high cranking amperage), it would probably last 10 years before one would need to worry about replacing it. I go back and forth on buying one. I use the Black as my daily ride, and I can't imagine what it would be to run out of battery. I may end up getting a lithium in the near future. Will see...and post back to let you guys know. Btw, your Black with the Weistec Supercharger must be kicking some serius butt!! I am considering putting one too!! I checked out the one that Fluid Motor Union did for the car they took at the SEMA event. What a monster!!! I've spoken to Mike and he seems to be a cool guy!! I am saving some $ to see if I can get it done this summer.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 107 Posts
ML350
if anyone changed their pulleys the voltage/battery problem would probably be magnified.