CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

FS: CLK63 BS / DTM Carbon Fiber Seats (ULTRA RARE)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 05:54 PM
PREMIER SPONSOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
None fast enough!
FS: CLK63 BS / DTM Carbon Fiber Seats (ULTRA RARE)

Ok gang, we have ONE pair of slightly used CLK63 Euro / DTM seats available. These are the original seats that Sparco made for Mercedes. These are the same seats that are in JRCart's CLK63 Black Series.

These are autoclave Carbon Fiber, wrapped in leather and alcantara. They are gorgeous!

Here is a pic in a car:

These seats are in excellent condition. There is a minor scuff on the back of one seat (you can see this in the images). The floor brackets come with the seats as well as the sliders.

The harnesses are available separately.

Retail on this set up is as follows:

$5400.00 - Seats (before shipping and import duty)
$716.00 - Side and Bottom Mounts
= $6116.00 total + taxes as applicable

AVAILABLE NOW at $4500 for the entire package.

And if you are local, we can install for you as my staff has done this on multiple cars.

Thanks
Brad
Old 12-07-2011, 03:27 PM

Harley Sportster
unfortunately one they are not FIA approved because only a handful were ever made and two the seats were not made for Mercedes they were actually built based on a Porsche just sayin. If I remember only about 10-12 sets of silver stitch, 8 sets of orange stitch (for an orange gt3 RS), 8 sets of green stitch (for a green gt3 RS) an i believe one yellow stitch. This really sucks because they are such hands down the bes quality seat I have ever seen made, super comfortable too.

Last edited by Flavourless; 12-07-2011 at 03:55 PM.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:47 PM
PREMIER SPONSOR

None fast enough!
Thanks for the great comments!

As to the FIA approval, that (or SFI) is only needed if you are going to use them in a race car in a sanctioned series, FYI.

Thanks
Brad
Old 12-07-2011, 03:57 PM

Harley Sportster
Absolutely. If I had a good candidate as a daily driver and had the money ha ad wanted to put fixed back seats in my car these are exactly what I would do. Someone needs to jump on this as its a great deal!
Old 12-07-2011, 08:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Brad, how difficult would it be to have those restitched in red? They might look nice in the new C63 BS. They are FIA or SFI approved are they not? Flavourless' comments got me a little confused on that topic.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:08 PM

Cars
Originally Posted by jrcart
Brad, how difficult would it be to have those restitched in red? They might look nice in the new C63 BS. They are FIA or SFI approved are they not? Flavourless' comments got me a little confused on that topic.
It'd probably be easier to dye the stitching instead of pulling them apart and putting them back together (though not sure what would be doable in the alcantara sections). I was thinking the exact same thing for the C BS, but I'm gonna try and get my friends in Europe to see if they can get the OEM buckets, still tempted on these though...

Last edited by Agent_Oorange; 12-08-2011 at 06:00 AM.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black, E350 Wagon, Supercharged Denali, Lotus Elise, Tesla Model 3 Dual-Motor.
Brad,
Will these seats work with the factory seat belts and air bags..?
Jim
Old 12-08-2011, 11:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by MACHC5
Brad,
Will these seats work with the factory seat belts and air bags..?
Jim
Yes and no. The electronic seat belt thingy that pushes your belt forward will not clear the shoulder bolser on the seats so you would have to reach around which is not a big deal. You will have to remove the female/receiver portion of your factory belt and have them bolted to the floor plate. Also you will have to either remove the butt pressure/weight sensors that activate the airbag on/off from your factory seats and slide them between the cf bucket and alcantara liner or purchase a second set from your parts department (easier option), It's literally a 15 minute install that you can do yourself for the sensors. The other thing is that these seats are quite a bit wider than the factory seats in the should bolster section and they come very VERY close (thousandths of an inch) to the upper portion of the door panel on a BS but should not affect the side airbag deployment. I have had them installed for about 3 years now and they look and feel great but when I pack on the winter weight or hit the gym they do get a little snug, but then again snug is good for a racing seat.

Also of note is that these seats will offer over 100 pound weight savings over the factory seats.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:06 PM
PREMIER SPONSOR

None fast enough!
JRCart is correct about the fitment and weight savings!

Thanks for the nice words guys - now someone get these things for their sled.

thanks
Brad