CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

The BMW equivalent to the Black Series, the BMW M4GTS mixed reviews

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 05:26 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK63 AMG Black Series & 1994 MB E500
The BMW equivalent to the Black Series, the BMW M4GTS mixed reviews

This video references comparing the Black Series and the new M4 GTS so I thought it worthwhile to post.

While I've owned my share of Benzes, I've owned 7 BMW's too. The $135k price point is a sweet spot for me and being a Black Series owner it was only natural I would be curious about the new BMW M4GTS. Well seeing all the reviews and there are quite a few out there, it's been mixed to say the least. Guys like Chris Harris in his review was very down on the car, the link below put it in last in a group test saying they wish it was more like the Black Series. Reading reviews of guys that actually own the car, they don't seem to mind the car at all, but that's to be expected. We'll see if they too niggle the car after the honeymoon period is over. I have seen one up close and admittedly it's very impressive. I wish they went to the extent they did with our cars. Roll cage, ceramic brakes, the BMW just seems more raw, however that's perhaps to a fault. Being able to live with the car, it appears our Black Series seems more compliant.

Old 11-24-2016, 03:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 107 Posts
ML350
First he said the C63 black series, but then later was off in the years....so im not sure which BS he was comparing to. That being said, i dont know who these guys are or what racing experience they have, but some of their commentary seemed like pure speculation and rambling.