CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

3M Clear Bra - custom pieces for carbon fiber front bumper vents & headlight washers.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 09:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 124 Likes on 43 Posts
'94 NSX,'99 NSX Z,'12 C63 Black Series (Prior: '07 E63, '08 CLK63 Black Series,'14 E63-S & 16 C63-S)
3M Clear Bra - custom pieces for carbon fiber front bumper vents & headlight washers.

Hello, fellow Black Series crazies!

One of the things I noticed many years ago when searching for my Black Series was that on most of them, especially the ones with over 20,000 miles, there were a few areas that seemed to take excessive beatings and became annoyingly chipped up. Those areas were the leading edges of the carbon fiber vents in the front bumper cover, and the headlight washer covers that are also located in the front bumper cover.

It seems that when people do the clear bra protection, NOBODY seems to protect these areas. So, having a wicked case of O.C.D., and having some background in 3M Clear Bra, I made my own!!

I kept the small templates that I made, and I have a limited quantity of the 3M Clear Bra material left over that I would like to help out our little band of crazies with.

So, if you find these areas of your car are in need of protection (either because you have clear bra already and they were not protected, or simply because you are O.C.D. like me), I would happily make you a set, write up instructions on how to properly install them, and send them to you. All I ask you to do is do a Random Act of Kindness for someone else within 2 weeks of receiving them (yes, I am serious about that part).

Happy holidays, and I wish you all a happy and safe new year. Pictured below are what the templates look like, and what the result is after applied.

Old 01-02-2017, 04:10 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
CLKBS
Would love a set for the carbon fiber vents.

Please
Old 01-10-2017, 04:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 124 Likes on 43 Posts
'94 NSX,'99 NSX Z,'12 C63 Black Series (Prior: '07 E63, '08 CLK63 Black Series,'14 E63-S & 16 C63-S)
Originally Posted by Derekm15
Would love a set for the carbon fiber vents.

Please
Sure! Happy to. Just PM me your contact details and shipping address.

~ Mitch ~