CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Problems reported with throttle blip mod?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2018, 01:19 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CLK BS
Originally Posted by sullyz
Been a while since I've been on here, but thought I should chime in on this since I experienced a trans failure and had the Weistec blip software.
Not sure if the software had anything to do with the failure, but the transmission failed at 43K miles, about 15k of those were with the blip software. My wife drives the car daily and does't even use the paddle shifting.
I had the transmission rebuilt through Dinan. For those that don't know they deal with Mercedes now and have many contacts and access to many shops and services. Still don't know what caused the failure, but these transmissions are well documented to have failures....as I learned once googling around after mine failed.
After the transmission was rebuilt, it was reinstalled and the software was gone, despite the thought that it may be retained. I later learned that the valve body was also replaced and upgraded with a newer unit.
This is where it all gets interesting. The ECU and TCU were sent back to Weistec for reprogramming. However, Weistec struggled with it for days and in the end could NOT reprogram for the new valve body. Evidently, the newer valve bodies are not compatible with the old rev match software. I thought I was doomed until I happened to come upon Dime Racing. I called Dime, and as it turns out, the guys at Dime are basically the previous crew from Weistec. Long story short, the calibration engineer at Dime was able to program the rev match software for the new valve body. As I was told, I was the second customer to have a transmission built with the newer style valve body, but the first for such requesting the rev match software.
In the end, the trans is back in with rev match software from Dime. I'm convinced they are the ONLY ones who have this software available for the 722 trans with the new valve body.
Did the rev match software lead to the demise of the trans in the first place?? I have no idea, but there's plenty of failures of these transmissions out there without any rev match software, and I personally don't want the car without the rev match. Hopefully it holds up going forward.
I'll also say that the guys at both Dime and Dinan were extremely helpful throughout the process and not only kept me informed, but also worked well together to get things sorted out.
Sorry to hear the trans failure and all the trouble you had to go through, but I'm glad it all worked out in the end. BS is a rare car and this blip mod is even rarer, so it's good to get detailed feedback like this. It's also hard to find a reliable aftermarket company for MBs, but I'm happy to hear Dime and Dinan are still able to help you out.
Old 05-28-2018, 05:41 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG, CLK 63 Black series, CLS63 AMG shooting brake
Sorry to hear... Always a bummer when something fails after somebody changed it... I'm already scared of a random ECU tune... I had so many bad luck in the past with some changement on my cars that I prefer to leave them stock now....