CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Did the floor finally drop on the BS? White - 3k miles, $84k, 1 owner

Old 08-23-2018, 04:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E55, past: SL55, 560SEL
Originally Posted by Doctodd33

The black one in New York was just lowered another $5000
Crazy right? I wonder what their cost of carry is for a 70k car over 18 months time.
Old 08-23-2018, 05:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 C230
way better options out there for this kind of money
Old 08-23-2018, 05:26 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by zzdragonz
way better options out there for this kind of money
Depends on what you mean by better. Better performer? Sure. But rarity and first black series in the USA...
Old 08-24-2018, 12:44 AM

2002 E320
There ARE tons of options out there for the money.

But that is not the point of buying into the CLK Black series.
There are only some seven hundred odd Mercedes CLK BS out in the whole world. You are almost guaranteed not to see another one.

And it just. looks. Badass.
Old 08-26-2018, 12:57 AM

Yeah I feel like I missed my window on the black 4 yrs ago when you could pickup a 40k mile one for under $50k.... that was back when there’s no way you could get the same performance from another car used or new at that price point. Now there’s a ton of options and with the black your paying a big premium for the scarcity/perceived collector value.
Old 08-26-2018, 07:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 107 Posts
ML350
Originally Posted by tubaprde
Yeah I feel like I missed my window on the black 4 yrs ago when you could pickup a 40k mile one for under $50k.... that was back when there’s no way you could get the same performance from another car used or new at that price point. Now there’s a ton of options and with the black your paying a big premium for the scarcity/perceived collector value.
i think there are 2 cars on autotrader that might be had for close to 50K......i dont think the market has changed much on these cars...maybe slightly, but not much at all. Ive been on here for awhile looking at and showing some good deals. Go get one. To say they are rare is BS when there are about 20 on the used market.
Old 08-26-2018, 08:14 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
There are currently quite a few low mileage examples available for sale but that doesn't mean the car isn't rare. The number of clean, no accidents, low mileage cars will only get lower. What that will provide for value in the future is yet to be seen. I do feel like the prices have gone up a little over the past couple years
Old 08-27-2018, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 124 Likes on 43 Posts
'94 NSX,'99 NSX Z,'12 C63 Black Series (Prior: '07 E63, '08 CLK63 Black Series,'14 E63-S & 16 C63-S)
Originally Posted by tubaprde
Yeah I dunno, the market on these is almost non-existent... so few cars produced, dealers sit on them for over a year sometimes...one has been sitting in NY for over 500 days! So really hard to nail down a going price on a clean one.<br /><br />At the same time I think now that used GTs are in the 80s to low 90s we could see pricing pressure on the downside for the black. I'd be curios to what you guys think regarding this? Is the GT better in every way vs. the black driving wise? are is there still elements to the black, steering feel maybe, raw driving experience where the black edges the GT?
I can speak to this comparison exactly, as a year ago the Mercedes dealer tried to get me to trade my CLK363 Black Series for a brand new AMG GT. Trade number on my car was generous, sale price of the AMG GT was fair, but they are just not in the same ballpark of fun for me. The Black Series just has that 'special' feeling to it. When you look at it. When you start it. When you drive it. Everything says, 'You are in something that reasonably should not exist.....but it is freaking awesome that it does'. Yes, the GT was faster. Yes, it has more creature comforts, but it is nowhere near as special to own. It just feels like a fat rich guy's car. This weekend I spent 2 days driving another AMG GT, and was equally not moved by anything other than the really raw sound that is makes on full throttle acceleration with the exhaust baffles open, and car set in 'RACE' mode.

To me, if you start off any CLK63 Black Series argument with, 'For the money you could get better from......', then you have missed the point of the CLK63 Black Series all together. It is not a car that makes financial sense. It is not a car that is meant to be a 'value leader'. It is a car that you either understand and 'get it' for what it is, or you don't. Plain and simple. You buy one because it makes you smile. You buy one because it makes you laugh out loud with joy. You buy one because you love looking at it, and how wildly 'un-Mercedes' it is. You buy one because it turns a horrible day into a great one with just 5 minutes behind the wheel. You buy one because when you are away from it you want to be back in it. If you bring 'value' and rational thought into it, you missed the point entirely and should just go buy something else. Seriously. The Black Series is made for people who enjoy a unique driving experience draped in a little bit of lunacy and irrational thought.
Old 08-27-2018, 07:02 PM

Cars
I personally think it's a great value and agree that values at some point in time will go up significantly. It's a special car that reminds me a lot of the 1M in terms of having a really special driving experience and being rare at the same time. It's a lot more rare than the 1M, so can't understand how low mileage 1Ms are selling heavy over MSRP and low mileage Black Series are selling for so much under their original MSRP. I suppose it's similar to the Z8 vs SLS comparison I see and expect the SLS and Black Series will only increase over time...maybe not at the same pace as the BMW cars because of the BMW following, but to some nice level.
Old 08-29-2018, 01:19 AM

2002 E320
Originally Posted by Meeyatch1
I can speak to this comparison exactly, as a year ago the Mercedes dealer tried to get me to trade my CLK363 Black Series for a brand new AMG GT. Trade number on my car was generous, sale price of the AMG GT was fair, but they are just not in the same ballpark of fun for me. The Black Series just has that 'special' feeling to it. When you look at it. When you start it. When you drive it. Everything says, 'You are in something that reasonably should not exist.....but it is freaking awesome that it does'. Yes, the GT was faster. Yes, it has more creature comforts, but it is nowhere near as special to own. It just feels like a fat rich guy's car. This weekend I spent 2 days driving another AMG GT, and was equally not moved by anything other than the really raw sound that is makes on full throttle acceleration with the exhaust baffles open, and car set in 'RACE' mode.

To me, if you start off any CLK63 Black Series argument with, 'For the money you could get better from......', then you have missed the point of the CLK63 Black Series all together. It is not a car that makes financial sense. It is not a car that is meant to be a 'value leader'. It is a car that you either understand and 'get it' for what it is, or you don't. Plain and simple. You buy one because it makes you smile. You buy one because it makes you laugh out loud with joy. You buy one because you love looking at it, and how wildly 'un-Mercedes' it is. You buy one because it turns a horrible day into a great one with just 5 minutes behind the wheel. You buy one because when you are away from it you want to be back in it. If you bring 'value' and rational thought into it, you missed the point entirely and should just go buy something else. Seriously. The Black Series is made for people who enjoy a unique driving experience draped in a little bit of lunacy and irrational thought.
This. Exactly.
Old 09-01-2018, 09:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
06 e55,81SC Targa,08 CLK63 BLK,91 E34 M5
in my opinion its all nostalgia I waited years till i can afford a clk BS and when i saw the one i want for sale didnt negotiate the price i just said i will send a deposit. as certain generations get older and they want that car they couldnt afford they will eventually buy. only recently in the passed few year that all german cars started to increasd in value. it was mostly Italian and american cars. now you see more german cars increase and in value. And usualy from what i have noticed all these high dollar cars will tank and it takes about 10 years for them to bottom in price and start to turn around.same with jap cars. so these BS cars just hit there yield curve and starting to turn up. they only have 348 here in the states minus the ones that crashed and totaled. but eventually they should bust over 100k imo(low mileage ones of course).
Old 09-01-2018, 09:15 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG, CLK 63 Black series, CLS63 AMG shooting brake
Originally Posted by Manuyc
in my opinion its all nostalgia I waited years till i can afford a clk BS and when i saw the one i want for sale didnt negotiate the price i just said i will send a deposit. as certain generations get older and they want that car they couldnt afford they will eventually buy. only recently in the passed few year that all german cars started to increasd in value. it was mostly Italian and american cars. now you see more german cars increase and in value. And usualy from what i have noticed all these high dollar cars will tank and it takes about 10 years for them to bottom in price and start to turn around.same with jap cars. so these BS cars just hit there yield curve and starting to turn up. they only have 348 here in the states minus the ones that crashed and totaled. but eventually they should bust over 100k imo(low mileage ones of course).
That's true if there is a strong demand for our cars. On this moment I don't feel any strong demand from new buyers. Maybe in the future but you can't predict this. Anyway, we will see in the long shot what will happen. Just enjoy them!

Edit: not only BS are totaled or crashed, there are a lot of this cars imported into Europe also...

Last edited by Mathi; 09-01-2018 at 09:17 AM.
Old 09-02-2018, 09:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 107 Posts
ML350
black CLK63 in Atlanta with 19k miles just dropped $5000 to $69k
Old 09-08-2018, 08:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
06 e55,81SC Targa,08 CLK63 BLK,91 E34 M5
Originally Posted by Mathi
That's true if there is a strong demand for our cars. On this moment I don't feel any strong demand from new buyers. Maybe in the future but you can't predict this. Anyway, we will see in the long shot what will happen. Just enjoy them!

Edit: not only BS are totaled or crashed, there are a lot of this cars imported into Europe also...
agree
Old 10-10-2018, 11:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 124 Likes on 43 Posts
'94 NSX,'99 NSX Z,'12 C63 Black Series (Prior: '07 E63, '08 CLK63 Black Series,'14 E63-S & 16 C63-S)
So, I made a standing offer of $75,000 over a month and a half ago for the 3k mile white car that started this thread. I explained that without verification of their claims on the 'minor' accident, that it did not make sense to offer more. They called me every week for a month and a half trying to get me to pay more. When their advertised price was down to $78,000 I simple told the girl. "Look....I know you are just doing your job. But please tell your manager that if he will not take a perfectly reasonable $75,000 offer on a car that you have advertised for $78,000, don't call me again". She replied back, "Well....we know the car is worth more...sooo...". At that point I politely ended the call with, "Well...my time is worth more than arguing with you. Have a nice day".

No idea what they sold it for, but they wasted a lot of time just letting it sit there.
Old 10-12-2018, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Meeyatch1
So, I made a standing offer of $75,000 over a month and a half ago for the 3k mile white car that started this thread. I explained that without verification of their claims on the 'minor' accident, that it did not make sense to offer more. They called me every week for a month and a half trying to get me to pay more. When their advertised price was down to $78,000 I simple told the girl. "Look....I know you are just doing your job. But please tell your manager that if he will not take a perfectly reasonable $75,000 offer on a car that you have advertised for $78,000, don't call me again". She replied back, "Well....we know the car is worth more...sooo...". At that point I politely ended the call with, "Well...my time is worth more than arguing with you. Have a nice day".

No idea what they sold it for, but they wasted a lot of time just letting it sit there.
perhaps they sold it to another dealer and it has yet to hit the market again? ...and the circus continues