CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Did the floor finally drop on the BS? White - 3k miles, $84k, 1 owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 12:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E55, past: SL55, 560SEL
Did the floor finally drop on the BS? White - 3k miles, $84k, 1 owner

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...CALERTSEMLSRCH
Old 07-27-2018, 11:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 107 Posts
ML350
quite a few nice cars listed past couple weeks....that white one has 1 accident on carfax
Old 07-28-2018, 08:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML350
is it just me, or does the front look higher than the back? Seems like there is more room above the front tire than the rear tire in the wheel wells.
Old 07-29-2018, 04:10 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
I was looking at that one. Checked the Carfax, it's been in an accident and mileage discrepancy (you can get the report free if you click the link in the ad). Pass. Send like anything clean and low mileage is still expensive. Getting harder and harder to find stock ones too
Old 08-09-2018, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 124 Likes on 43 Posts
'94 NSX,'99 NSX Z,'12 C63 Black Series (Prior: '07 E63, '08 CLK63 Black Series,'14 E63-S & 16 C63-S)
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
I was looking at that one. Checked the Carfax, it's been in an accident and mileage discrepancy (you can get the report free if you click the link in the ad). Pass. Send like anything clean and low mileage is still expensive. Getting harder and harder to find stock ones too
That mileage discrepancy looks like some tool simply mistook what was likely an '8' for a '3' if you look at the mileage pattern. I doubt someone 'rolled back' an odometer a few hundred miles.
Old 08-09-2018, 12:58 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by Meeyatch1
That mileage discrepancy looks like some tool simply mistook what was likely an '8' for a '3' if you look at the mileage pattern. I doubt someone 'rolled back' an odometer a few hundred miles.
Probably. But it's still been in an accident
Old 08-09-2018, 01:22 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG, CLK 63 Black series, CLS63 AMG shooting brake
It’s a great price for a 3k miles car but I should not buy it with an accident reported...
Old 08-20-2018, 09:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'94 NSX,'99 NSX Z,'12 C63 Black Series (Prior: '07 E63, '08 CLK63 Black Series,'14 E63-S & 16 C63-S)
So, I tried to work with Hendrick Mercedes for over a week on this car, and got nothing but wasted time and lies. The sales guy assured me that the accident was 'minor' and that a Harley Davidson just lightly scraped the front fender. He swore that they had pictures and documentation to prove it, but after several days of broken promises on when this information would be provided to me, and the sales guy promising to call me back and it never happening, I called and spoke with their used car manager. He said no such documentation exists (so the sales guy lied). I find it awfully convenient that the "collector car owner who is extremely detailed and particular" just so happened to accidentally lose the documentation and history of the accident. It sucks, because this may be a really great car, but the lack of documentation for the accident, and the fat finger mileage screw up on the mileage, are really scarring the value of this special vehicle. The crappy way the dealership handles business just makes it worse.
Old 08-20-2018, 10:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML350
did the detailed and meticulous owner fix the headbolt issue?
Old 08-20-2018, 10:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
I also called and inquired about this car. First I was told the car could not be sold to me due to be being out of state. What a load of BS....cars are bought everyday by the hundreds from out of state buyers. Then they reversed it and said I could purchase it with a deposit. Let me also backtrack.....when I first initially called a female "sales associate" answered the call and tried to help me. I told her TWICE in the 2 minute conversation we had that I was out of state and would NOT be able to come to their dealership and would purchase by phone, wire transfer etc.... She then passed the call off to the manager and within the first 5 seconds of our conversation he goes....so which day will you be visiting our dealership my co-worker (the dumb ditzy female who gets paid to do nothing) just said you will be stopping by in the next few days. WTF!!! That there just pissed me off right away. Off to a bad start right?!?! The next BS lie......the car was listed the night before and I called the first thing the morning after seeing the ad. The manager stated to me that numerous people called and were interested.....another LIE!! How can that many people have called in less than 24 hours of the listing. So we proceed....I asked about the car accident which says moderate damage on carfax.....I understanthd carfax isn't always accurate but if the previous owner was local and has a good relationship with this STEALERSHIP then they could've given a better answer with details which they didn't. I'm not here to argue the BS unethical games that most stealerships play but stay away from these guys. They will give you a run around from hell. Also it's been about 3-4 weeks now that the car is still for sale....hmm where are all those guys lined up to buy it that the manager said the first day it was listed.???? Total LIARS!!

Last edited by AMG BRED; 08-20-2018 at 01:31 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-20-2018, 05:21 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
I also got the "we have multiple offers over $80k" line. And they have been non-stop contacting me to buy since. No thanks
Old 08-20-2018, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Typical sales tactics which in reality is a flat out LIE. They really think the general public is that dumb to believe their BS.
Old 08-20-2018, 05:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML350
Originally Posted by AMG BRED
Typical sales tactics which in reality is a flat out LIE. They really think the general public is that dumb to believe their BS.
General public are suckers. That’s exactly exactly who they want to sell it to. But the general public doesn’t care about this car.
Old 08-20-2018, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Doctodd33.............you nailed it dead on! hahaha

Last edited by AMG BRED; 08-20-2018 at 06:17 PM.
Old 08-21-2018, 07:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML350
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
I also got the "we have multiple offers over $80k" line. And they have been non-stop contacting me to buy since. No thanks
so they had multiple offers for more than asking price? lol
Old 08-21-2018, 08:08 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by Doctodd33
so they had multiple offers for more than asking price? lol
When they first listed it, it was listed around $83k I believe
Old 08-21-2018, 09:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
And the price was lowered again yesterday or the day before. These guys are JOKERS! lol
Old 08-21-2018, 03:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AMG BRED
I also called and inquired about this car. First I was told the car could not be sold to me due to be being out of state. What a load of BS....cars are bought everyday by the hundreds from out of state buyers. Then they reversed it and said I could purchase it with a deposit. Let me also backtrack.....when I first initially called a female "sales associate" answered the call and tried to help me. I told her TWICE in the 2 minute conversation we had that I was out of state and would NOT be able to come to their dealership and would purchase by phone, wire transfer etc.... She then passed the call off to the manager and within the first 5 seconds of our conversation he goes....so which day will you be visiting our dealership my co-worker (the dumb ditzy female who gets paid to do nothing) just said you will be stopping by in the next few days. WTF!!! That there just pissed me off right away. Off to a bad start right?!?! The next BS lie......the car was listed the night before and I called the first thing the morning after seeing the ad. The manager stated to me that numerous people called and were interested.....another LIE!! How can that many people have called in less than 24 hours of the listing. So we proceed....I asked about the car accident which says moderate damage on carfax.....I understanthd carfax isn't always accurate but if the previous owner was local and has a good relationship with this STEALERSHIP then they could've given a better answer with details which they didn't. I'm not here to argue the BS unethical games that most stealerships play but stay away from these guys. They will give you a run around from hell. Also it's been about 3-4 weeks now that the car is still for sale....hmm where are all those guys lined up to buy it that the manager said the first day it was listed.???? Total LIARS!!
Yep, you pretty much had the same experience of getting the run around that I did. They ticked me off enough to where I have just moved on, and am looking to get either the white 32k mile C63 Black Series in Florida, or the 5k mile C63 Black Series that is literally 45 minutes away from my house here in Indiana. It really sucks that such a huge dealership does such a **** poor job of customer handling.
Old 08-21-2018, 05:42 PM

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts
CLK63 BS
Respectfully, you guys should get back in there and bid on the car. If it's what you want, wade through the BS and get it. Objective is to get the car not make a friend w/the salespeople. And if they're doing as bad a job as you suspect, you should be able to capitalize on it. Make the lowball offer. Let them sit on it. They'll call you. In the meantime, keep looking. Plenty of examples out there. The only reason to walk is if your due diligence comes back bad. That's a valid reason for walking. But don't be put off by the interaction w/the dealership. It's the nature of the business. You're not teaching them a lesson by boycotting, you're depriving yourself the pleasure of owning one badass automobile.
The following users liked this post:
Chedman13 (09-03-2018)
Old 08-21-2018, 06:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML350
i offered high retail 64,500 but would need a head bolt change and a pre-purchase inspection before i even talk to someone and invest any time. There is no provable explanation for the accident and they have been full of **** about everything else. Summer is gone.....winter is coming lol

id rather get the red one for 50K

Last edited by Doctodd33; 08-21-2018 at 06:26 PM.
Old 08-21-2018, 06:28 PM
Banned

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
2016 C300W4 Sport
Not sure about the damage, carfax shows it was towed after a left front impact, airbags did not deploy. The mileage discrepancy is likely an error, no reason to have actual odo tampering on that car.

What's interesting to me is that you can still purchase Pre-Paid Maintenance on the car. For ****s & giggles I plugged it in, and a 4 year PPM program is available for the car for only $900.

That gave me a bit of a laugh for sure.

If I were seriously interested, I'd be contacting the previous owner to find out about it. Shows that the owner has bought 4 MBs including this one, spent a little over $400,000 on official MB vehicles.
Old 08-21-2018, 06:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML350
Originally Posted by Southern_Benz
Not sure about the damage, carfax shows it was towed after a left front impact, airbags did not deploy. The mileage discrepancy is likely an error, no reason to have actual odo tampering on that car.

What's interesting to me is that you can still purchase Pre-Paid Maintenance on the car. For ****s & giggles I plugged it in, and a 4 year PPM program is available for the car for only $900.

That gave me a bit of a laugh for sure.

If I were seriously interested, I'd be contacting the previous owner to find out about it. Shows that the owner has bought 4 MBs including this one, spent a little over $400,000 on official MB vehicles.
needed to be towed? Sounds like more than what was stated by the dealer.
Old 08-21-2018, 06:37 PM
Banned

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
2016 C300W4 Sport
Originally Posted by Doctodd33
needed to be towed? Sounds like more than what was stated by the dealer.
That's what the Carfax shows at least, "Tow Required" "Vehicle Not Driveable"

But let's keep in mind that Carfax details are filled in by folks that don't know much about unique vehicles. Regardless of accident type, a lot of owners for this caliber vehicle will prefer to have the vehicle towed, even if the vehicle is operating just fine. It's a process thing, I suppose.

The damage report on this Carfax is more detailed than I usually see, but that doesn't mean it's entirely correct. Still, I'd take it with heavy consideration.

Body damage is body damage though. Only thing you can do is repair, and as long as you work with someone that knows what they're doing, doesn't matter when/where you get it done. If the damage were more severe and affected mechanical parts, that's what should throw up a red flag for a buyer.
Old 08-23-2018, 04:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E55, past: SL55, 560SEL
Yeah I dunno, the market on these is almost non-existent... so few cars produced, dealers sit on them for over a year sometimes...one has been sitting in NY for over 500 days! So really hard to nail down a going price on a clean one.<br /><br />At the same time I think now that used GTs are in the 80s to low 90s we could see pricing pressure on the downside for the black. I'd be curios to what you guys think regarding this? Is the GT better in every way vs. the black driving wise? are is there still elements to the black, steering feel maybe, raw driving experience where the black edges the GT?

Last edited by tubaprde; 08-23-2018 at 04:27 PM.
Old 08-23-2018, 04:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML350
Originally Posted by tubaprde
Yeah I dunno, the market on these is almost non-existent... so few cars produced, dealers sit on them for over a year sometimes...one has been sitting in NY for over 500 days! So really hard to nail down a going price on a clean one.<br /><br />At the same time I think now that used GTs are in the 80s to low 90s we could see pricing pressure on the downside for the black. I'd be curios to what you guys think regarding this? Is the GT better in every way vs. the black driving wise? are is there still elements to the black, steering feel maybe, raw driving experience where the black edges the GT?
The black one in New York was just lowered another $5000

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Did the floor finally drop on the BS? White - 3k miles, $84k, 1 owner