CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Introduction ... Black Series on the Way

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2019, 11:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura NSX; Maserati GT MC Stradale; Ford F-150; GMC Yukon Denali XL
Introduction ... Black Series on the Way

Hey all! I just finalized a deal to pick up a Black Series. Had my eye on these cars since I saw Jeremy Clarkson's review on Top Gear when they first hit the market. I look forward to learning from everyone and getting to experience owning one of these machines!

I'll add that this is my first foray into MB. I've owned a few Audi's, three different variety of NSX, and recently ventured into the Maserati world.

Last edited by gmeadsIII; 05-24-2019 at 12:46 PM.
Old 05-29-2019, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 124 Likes on 43 Posts
'94 NSX,'99 NSX Z,'12 C63 Black Series (Prior: '07 E63, '08 CLK63 Black Series,'14 E63-S & 16 C63-S)
Originally Posted by gmeadsIII
Hey all! I just finalized a deal to pick up a Black Series. Had my eye on these cars since I saw Jeremy Clarkson's review on Top Gear when they first hit the market. I look forward to learning from everyone and getting to experience owning one of these machines!

I'll add that this is my first foray into MB. I've owned a few Audi's, three different variety of NSX, and recently ventured into the Maserati world.
Welcome! I too am from the NSX world. I have had (4) of them, and still have (2) NSXs now. A 1994 Grand Prix White that I have had for (16) years, and a 1999 Zanardi Edition NSX. You will absolutely love the Black Series. I put approximately 14,000 miles on mine, and miss it dearly. I mean that I miss it to the point where I am looking for another one. They are just special cars.
Old 05-29-2019, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura NSX; Maserati GT MC Stradale; Ford F-150; GMC Yukon Denali XL
Originally Posted by Meeyatch1
Welcome! I too am from the NSX world. I have had (4) of them, and still have (2) NSXs now. A 1994 Grand Prix White that I have had for (16) years, and a 1999 Zanardi Edition NSX. You will absolutely love the Black Series. I put approximately 14,000 miles on mine, and miss it dearly. I mean that I miss it to the point where I am looking for another one. They are just special cars.
Thanks .. and Zanardi! Always thought it would be fun to pick one of those up. Even got as far as reaching out to a few owners who had expressed interest in selling. Most were asking $120K+ at the time, which seemed absurd. I think that might have been a good deal considering what some of the more collectible non-Zanardi models have brought recently. Nonetheless, I am excited to own a BS. Been a long-time admirer. Car is in transport and should get here early next week.
Old 06-03-2019, 01:14 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
CLKBS
Love mine so much, can’t wait to get her out of storage for a bit.

This Car does not look dated one bit, drive so so well my goodness I can’t even explain it and I thought everyone saying this was in a puppy love stage. 4 years later and I still adore her.

Driving an e92 m3 v8 with DCT while I’m in Miami and it’s the most uncomfortable and jerky car especially in traffic.

The CLK might not shift as fast but I promise you it’s much more comfortable.
Old 06-06-2019, 10:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'94 NSX,'99 NSX Z,'12 C63 Black Series (Prior: '07 E63, '08 CLK63 Black Series,'14 E63-S & 16 C63-S)
Originally Posted by gmeadsIII
Thanks .. and Zanardi! Always thought it would be fun to pick one of those up. Even got as far as reaching out to a few owners who had expressed interest in selling. Most were asking $120K+ at the time, which seemed absurd. I think that might have been a good deal considering what some of the more collectible non-Zanardi models have brought recently. Nonetheless, I am excited to own a BS. Been a long-time admirer. Car is in transport and should get here early next week.
Yep, I got really lucky. The cheapest Zanardi sold in the last year or so was at around $130,000 I think. I know of another that just sold for around $200,000 with under 10,000 miles. I don't plan to sell anytime soon, as it is a better investment than the stock market right now.

My screen saver is my old CLK63 Black Series. I miss it so much, even almost 3 years later. If I unload my E36 M3 soon, I may really double down my efforts to get another Black Series. They are just amazing.
Old 06-06-2019, 10:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Derekm15
Love mine so much, can’t wait to get her out of storage for a bit.

This Car does not look dated one bit, drive so so well my goodness I can’t even explain it and I thought everyone saying this was in a puppy love stage. 4 years later and I still adore her.

Driving an e92 m3 v8 with DCT while I’m in Miami and it’s the most uncomfortable and jerky car especially in traffic.

The CLK might not shift as fast but I promise you it’s much more comfortable.

Agree to all of this. It is amazing how modern the CLK63 Black Series looks. Probably because there are NONE around to see and get tired of.

We had an E92 M3 with DCT for all of just over 1 month and then traded it in. I just hated to drive it. Nothing about it made me happy, other than the way it looked. Maybe if it was a manual transmission I would have felt differently.