CLS Audio - Satellite & HD Radio

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 10:05 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 CLS550 4MATIC
CLS Audio - Satellite & HD Radio

Well, I have to say that the HK Audio system in the CLS is amazing! CDs and DVDs are clear and sound perfect, and the couple of DVD Audio discs I own truly make me appreciate the high quality of this sound system.

What I have found lacking is HD radio and especially the Sirius satellite radio. I can't ignore those sibilant, high-frequency compression artifacts, and I have actually had to switch from HD to regular radio a few times because I get a headache on longer drives. I only listen to Sirius for the talk stations, as the music stations are completely unbearable (to me).

I am thinking that the CLS's audio system is so transparent that it reveals the flaws inherent in these limited-bandwith media, but I wanted to know if anyone else has found HD/satellite radio to be of higher quality in any other sound systems. I had tried adjusting the treble and turning surround sound on/off, but I can't make it any better. I might keep Sirius for the comedy/talk stations and traffic, but I find that I'd rather listen to Pandora over aux or bluetooth streaming than to Sirius or the HD radio...