Tune question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CLS550 Launch Edition
Tune question

I understand that our cars seem to learn our driving habits and adjust the ecu, (shift points, rpm limits, etc..). I am about to get a tune through Eurocharged and I have a question. If I get the tune, will my car eventually be tamed by daily driving habits rendering the tune wasted? I'd love to drive the hell out of it all day, but that's not going to happen. I just want to know that when I want, I can absolutely fly. I'd hate to think the tune would be diminished by daily driving.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:01 PM

Nobody has experience with this?
Old 06-25-2012, 09:28 AM

12 CLS550, 09 CLS550, 04Cooper,10 Cooper S
Originally Posted by TexanBuckeye
I understand that our cars seem to learn our driving habits and adjust the ecu, (shift points, rpm limits, etc..). I am about to get a tune through Eurocharged and I have a question. If I get the tune, will my car eventually be tamed by daily driving habits rendering the tune wasted? I'd love to drive the hell out of it all day, but that's not going to happen. I just want to know that when I want, I can absolutely fly. I'd hate to think the tune would be diminished by daily driving.
Dont worry about this. These cars adjust very quickly. Infact, I keep my car in "E" when I am just slushing about town or transporting people as "S" is a little to lurchy for passengers. This car is pretty quick & responsive in "S" and always will be.

The gears may not be in sync a couple times after you have been driving the care in a sedate fashion for a while. But a couple of occasions of pressing your foot toward the carpet will wake things up quickly
Old 06-25-2012, 09:58 AM

Thanks, LETO.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:53 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'12 E550C, Sierra Denali
please post your Eurotune results: when will Jerry have the tune ready for the M278?
Thanks!
Due
Old 06-25-2012, 03:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 E350, 2012 SL550
Originally Posted by TexanBuckeye
It's the TCU (transmission control unit) that learns based on your driving style. Even that can be easily reset.

The extra power from the tune will always be available to you.

Regards,
Don