My first Mercedes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 12:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'12 CLS 550 4matic
I agree, that the poser badges need to go! To stand apart, best would be to "debadge" it, as others have suggested as well. I think the OP took too many lumps here and doesn't want to respond! haha
Old 07-18-2012, 06:03 PM

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts
Audi R8, Alfa Romeo Quad, 991tt,cls550, 997tt, 85 Carrera
K-A: I love your car, looks totally de-badged. We need to mate cars. I have removed most of the badges- can't always get it right the first time. The front LEDs are tucked in and you cannot see them when they are off, no dots. I can turn them off manually with a switch inside the car. The front bumper lip is a steel color wrap, just to break up the monotony of the black. The first attempt of the tail lights came out completely black, I had the body shop redo them. They still are darker than I would prefer, see I do prefer subtle overall. I had the "stock" wheels painted and had the AMG painted red to give it more contrast. FYI for all you old conservative members, I know this is not an AMG, however the wheels came from the factory this way and it would be dificult to remove this. I just got the ECU tuned from OE tuning and had the resonator removed. The performance and sound are incredible. I am awaiting lowering links to lower the car slightly.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:01 PM

'12 CLS 550 4matic
Originally Posted by 2020
K-A: I love your car, looks totally de-badged. We need to mate cars. I have removed most of the badges- can't always get it right the first time. The front LEDs are tucked in and you cannot see them when they are off, no dots. I can turn them off manually with a switch inside the car. The front bumper lip is a steel color wrap, just to break up the monotony of the black. The first attempt of the tail lights came out completely black, I had the body shop redo them. They still are darker than I would prefer, see I do prefer subtle overall. I had the "stock" wheels painted and had the AMG painted red to give it more contrast. FYI for all you old conservative members, I know this is not an AMG, however the wheels came from the factory this way and it would be dificult to remove this. I just got the ECU tuned from OE tuning and had the resonator removed. The performance and sound are incredible. I am awaiting lowering links to lower the car slightly.
Nice to hear from you again! Nobody had an issue w/ the wheels, we all have AMG wheels and the total kit to boot. Glad to hear you removed the badging for obvious reasons. I can only imagine the performance, any figures??
We seem to be on the same wave length w/ the Porsches! I am actually on the list for the new Turbo. I also reallly enjoy my 997.2 C2S, which I have done a few mods to as well. It has every performance option you can get a Porsche S in from the factory and some aftermarket fabspeed intakes, etc. I also can't talk enough about my 84' Targa, which has numerous suspension and engine mods as well. Here are a few pics below. Targa is named Yosemotie Sam for obvious reasons!
Attached Thumbnails My first Mercedes-img_0101.jpg   My first Mercedes-pipes.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 07-19-2012, 12:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts
i drive them all, fast and hard
doesnt the car come with front leds?
Old 07-19-2012, 01:02 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Thanks very much man! That's very flattering coming from someone with the automotive taste that you have! I think you did a great thing by removing the badges, as I'm sure without the "distractions" your ride is shining in the unique creative way it truly is. I LOVE that steel colored wrap you did in the front, very creative stuff all around.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:16 AM

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts
Audi R8, Alfa Romeo Quad, 991tt,cls550, 997tt, 85 Carrera
Originally Posted by FEGELEIN
Nice to hear from you again! Nobody had an issue w/ the wheels, we all have AMG wheels and the total kit to boot. Glad to hear you removed the badging for obvious reasons. I can only imagine the performance, any figures??
We seem to be on the same wave length w/ the Porsches! I am actually on the list for the new Turbo. I also reallly enjoy my 997.2 C2S, which I have done a few mods to as well. It has every performance option you can get a Porsche S in from the factory and some aftermarket fabspeed intakes, etc. I also can't talk enough about my 84' Targa, which has numerous suspension and engine mods as well. Here are a few pics below. Targa is named Yosemotie Sam for obvious reasons!
Fegelein: I like your choice of cars. Its funny how each vehicle drives or behaves completely differently. The CLS is a great everyday ride. Its probably the best car I owned considering the combination of comfort and power. The Carrera is old school, unlike these new cars there is complete driver feedback. The Turbo is the turbo. However the biggest rush I get is driving the Ducati (0-60 in 2.8s).
Attached Thumbnails My first Mercedes-garage.jpg  
Old 07-19-2012, 12:05 PM

'12 CLS 550 4matic
Fegelein: I like your choice of cars. Its funny how each vehicle drives or behaves completely differently. The CLS is a great everyday ride. Its probably the best car I owned considering the combination of comfort and power. The Carrera is old school, unlike these new cars there is complete driver feedback. The Turbo is the turbo. However the biggest rush I get is driving the Ducati (0-60 in 2.8s).
Right you are! CLS I would say is best car I've ever owned as a DD. Love the 997.2S and nothing like the old skool Targa. No power steering, no ABS, primitive CPU system, etc,etc. You really "drive" the car.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:06 PM

'12 CLS 550 4matic
Right you are! CLS I would say is best car I've ever owned as a DD. Love the 997.2S and nothing like the old skool Targa. No power steering, no ABS, primitive CPU system, etc,etc. You really "drive" the car.
Ducati must be sick! Enjoy your rides!