Crease in rear bumper

Old 07-27-2012, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CLS550, sold 11 E350
Crease in rear bumper

I wasnt paying attention when i pulled into the garage and the garage door handle put a verticle crease on my rear bumper when it came down. I attempted to remove the dent by heating with a hair dryer then using compressed air to pop the dent out. The results were marginal at best. I guess that method does not work on plastic or crease dents. Im not even sure you can pop dents out of plastic. Hopefully the Dr Colorchip will take care of the small area of paint that chipped off.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 119 Likes on 66 Posts
2020 G63, 2021 E450 All-Terrain Wagon
Im sorry that happened to you
It's actually quite a common problem on the new Mercedes sedan/coupe bumpers that I've seen (W212, W221, and C218).
Even my bumper has a couple of small dings and the garage door has never even hit it! All around town, I notice that other Mercedes vehicles have the same weird creases in the rear bumper...
Old 07-28-2012, 01:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CLS550, sold 11 E350
Today i heated the bumper at the crease spot and gained access to the inside of the bumper from underneath. With a spoon i tried to work the crease out but still was not able to completely remove it. I thought heating the plastic with traction would surely work. So far both of my experiments have failed.
It would be nice if benz had a button on the instruments to view the rear camera instead of having to put the car in reverse. The only time i did not put it in reverse to see if i was clear, and i got nailed by the garage door.