New Mercedes 4.6L V8 Twin Turbo Performance Software ECU Upgrade by EVOMSit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 05:36 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
W211 E500 Estate
New Mercedes 4.6L V8 Twin Turbo Performance Software ECU Upgrade by EVOMSit

We are happy to announce the release of EVOMSit's new ECU Upgrade for the new Mercedes 4.6l bi turbo engine found in the new S Class models rolling out. The stock HP output is rated at 402hp/443TQ and with EVOMSit new software upgrade you will receive a staggering 503hp/578tq. Feel free to click the picture above to view more information about Evolution Motorsports and their software programs they offer for the European market. They are mostly known for their high performance Porsche packages, but they also tune a wide range of European cars including almost every Mercedes models even going back to the NA and Supercharged M113 and NA 6.2l AMG63's.
Old 08-25-2012, 01:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 CLS550
Are there any dyno graphs with a comparison between stock and tuned? What is the price and does it void the warranty?
Old 08-27-2012, 08:34 AM

95 320S Sold, 2012 CLS550, 2012 C300, 1997 PORSCHE 911 C4S, 2008 HONDA PILOT
Originally Posted by Stavs
Are there any dyno graphs with a comparison between stock and tuned? What is the price and does it void the warranty?
+1
Old 08-27-2012, 10:51 AM

2012 CLS550
Cool Mercedes "550" 4.6L V8 Twin Turbo Performance Software ECU Programming Upgrade

http://www.gmpperformance.com/index....=5741&VID=3289

Mercedes "550" 4.6L V8 Twin Turbo Performance Software ECU Programming Upgrade

By EVOMSit
The ECU programming for the Mercedes 550 raises the performance numbers from 402hp/443tq to a staggering 503hp/578tq. ***NOTE ALL PERFORMANCE FIGURES ARE RATED USING 91 OCTANE FUEL. CARS USING 93 OCTANE FUEL SEE 2-3% HIGHER GAINES...

$2,595.00

sirric
Old 08-27-2012, 11:05 AM

2013 CLS550
I saw those links but there are no dyno graphs except if i am missing them.

Also I have never seen any answer about voiding warranty with any of these tunes no matter what the vendor is. Does anybody know the answer? Somehow it seems to me that answering this question is simply avoided because either the warranty is voided or it is unknown what happens and nobody wants to say anything in writing.

Coming from the BMW world, Dinan for example offers their own warranty for the car if BMW refuses service. Their stage 1 software is similar price with this and gives similar performance gains but warranty remains intact (either through Dinan or BMW):

http://www.dinancars.com/shop/D900-4...de.aspx#page=1
Old 08-27-2012, 03:12 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E500 Estate
Good afternoon, These questions were asked over the weekend and we are only open Monday through Friday. We are also Eastern Standard time and EVOMS is Pacific Time so they have not yet had a chance to get back to my emails as I am sure they are still sorting through the ones received over the weekend as well.

They do have dyno graphs for almost every Mercedes software file here.

http://evomsit.com/mercedes_MAIN.htm

If you have any other cars besides Mercedes feel free to put your year make and model European car into the GMP Performance search by car menu.

With regards to the new Bi Turbo Mercedes 550 and 63AMG engines, the software is ready, the price has been set, but it seems the dyno sheets are not posted yet on their site.

I can address the warranty question right now. To the best of my knowledge Dinan and Stasis are the only vendors that offers a warranty and their warranty is no longer supported by BMW so take it with a grain of salt. We are dealers of both brands but have yet to file a warranty claim in the 6 years I have been with GMP so I cannot say that its dependable or not yet.

EVOMS does not offer a warranty to protect your vehicle and no one can 100% tell you if the software upgrade will void your warranty. Only the dealership which you take your car to can answer that question and even then, it's a case by case basis. It all depends on your dealership and the exact part that has failed and your personal relationship with them.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:02 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
2012 CLS 63, 2013 Gallardo LP550
Everyone get real here. If your engine fails and they find the tune, MB will not honor the warranty. This should be self explanatory. If you were MB, would you?

If you want to play you role the dice and hope that never happens and if you're caught you pay the price. Most motors will not fail and most likely the car will be out of warranty before any issues surface regardless of the cause.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:11 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E500 Estate
Originally Posted by CLS63W218
Everyone get real here. If your engine fails and they find the tune, MB will not honor the warranty. This should be self explanatory. If you were MB, would you?

If you want to play you role the dice and hope that never happens and if you're caught you pay the price. Most motors will not fail and most likely the car will be out of warranty before any issues surface regardless of the cause.
Well said.....
Old 08-28-2012, 03:48 PM

2015 ML63
That's why the best thing is to have 2 ecus. One original (never opened to be tuned) and one with the tune. Always have both of them in the car in case something happens!!!!
Old 08-28-2012, 05:57 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E500 Estate
Originally Posted by sebc63
That's why the best thing is to have 2 ecus. One original (never opened to be tuned) and one with the tune. Always have both of them in the car in case something happens!!!!
Its not a bad idea but they avg between $1000-$2000 per ECU.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:31 PM

2013 CLS550
Originally Posted by GMP Performance
Its not a bad idea but they avg between $1000-$2000 per ECU.
Is this really a completely undedectable option and do you sell them (cost for a 2013 CLS550) ? In other words can I just order a new ECU with the tune and use it as needed or does it hold any additional information that will be obvious this ECU wasn't used in the car for the miles driven? Any drawbacks switching ECUs back and forth?

Sounds very interesting!
Old 08-31-2012, 01:42 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E500 Estate
Originally Posted by Stavs
Is this really a completely undedectable option and do you sell them (cost for a 2013 CLS550) ? In other words can I just order a new ECU with the tune and use it as needed or does it hold any additional information that will be obvious this ECU wasn't used in the car for the miles driven? Any drawbacks switching ECUs back and forth?

Sounds very interesting!
Hi Stav

To be honest we have never swapped ECU's for any of our clients. If there is a problem we flash the ECU and wipe it back clean to stock.

However we have had people order a new ECU from us by giving us their vin number. We flash the ECU and ship it out and the client just installed it once he received it. To my knowledge and by all means cannot be held liable here if its incorrect but previous customers were able to swap ECU's back and forth with out having to go to the dealership for any program pairing with the cluster or anything it just worked.