Vorsteiner V-FF 101 vs. HRE FF01

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 CLS550
Vorsteiner V-FF 101 vs. HRE FF01

Hello everyone,

I'm currently in the market to buy a new set of wheels for my CLS and wanted the opinions of my fellow Benz owners. I didn't want to spend 5-7 grand on wheels so I decided to go with a flow formed wheel that a few companies offer. The two that I am stuck in between are the Vorsteiner V-FF101 and the HRE FF01.

I like both wheels but my question is do you think its work it to spend the extra $500 bucks for the HRE? Is HRE that much better of a wheel that they are charging more for essentially the same type of wheel?

Here is the link to both, which would you go with?

HRE:
http://www.hrewheels.com/wheels/hre-flowform/ff01-black

Vorsteiner:
http://www.vorsteiner.com/wheel/flow...ff-101-series/
Old 01-22-2014, 08:06 PM

2019 C43 sedan, 2018 GLE350
HRE

Vorsteiner V-FF 101 vs. HRE FF01-image.jpgIMO ---- HRE is right up there at the top of the aftermarket wheel game. For a classy ride like the CLS.

I've been back and forth over a bunch of wheels. BBS also makes some really nice mesh wheels check out the attached pics.

In order to better help out please post size your shopping and potential tires and that will help provide a better response.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:20 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
A car
Originally Posted by KaptoSoundz
Hello everyone,

I'm currently in the market to buy a new set of wheels for my CLS and wanted the opinions of my fellow Benz owners. I didn't want to spend 5-7 grand on wheels so I decided to go with a flow formed wheel that a few companies offer. The two that I am stuck in between are the Vorsteiner V-FF101 and the HRE FF01.

I like both wheels but my question is do you think its work it to spend the extra $500 bucks for the HRE? Is HRE that much better of a wheel that they are charging more for essentially the same type of wheel?

Here is the link to both, which would you go with?

HRE:
http://www.hrewheels.com/wheels/hre-flowform/ff01-black

Vorsteiner:
http://www.vorsteiner.com/wheel/flow...ff-101-series/
Our FlowForm line is priced as such for a variety of reasons. Some of those reasons are the manufacturing costs associated with the production of the wheel itself - it's not cheap. They're made in Japan and are nearly as strong as our Forged wheels. In fact, TÜV Austria noted the FF01 was one of the strongest cast wheels they had ever tested (random fact: these wheels are TÜV/JWL/SAE approved and certified - another costly but necessary process).

In addition to the production process, there's the weight - a 19x8.5 FlowForm wheel weighs 22lbs. which we believe is not terribly heavy for a cast wheel.

Then there's other standard factors associated with any HRE wheel, the brand reputation, service, color choice (there are currently 13 different shades available), optional FlowForm center cap (we're still working on this), etc..

Either way, whichever wheel manufacturer you choose, be sure to ask plenty of questions. After all, you will be changing a critical automotive component so make sure your choice does not alter your vehicle's drivability and safety

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to email me at GregL@hrewheels.com.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

14' CLS550
Both are beautiful wheels, for only a $500 difference I would go with which ever one you like better. For me its the Vorsteiner
Old 07-06-2014, 06:53 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB E350 coupe 2012
I think u should stick with HRE since I heard my frd who is working in bodyshop said that the quality of versteiner wheels is not really good. Btw, im getting a set of Vossen vfs-2 on my ecoupe, i think it will look good.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:57 PM
SPONSOR

Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts
Mercedes GT55 AMG
HRE for sure!