CLS 12 no sunroof?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 12:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 350 4MATIC
Post CLS 12 no sunroof?

I decided to change my BMW SUV and move to a sportier car. Found this nice CLS 2012 4 matic whit airmatic suspension and other nice options which i really wanted since BMW not had adaptive one and whit 20' wheels was not so fun.
Problem is car does not have a sunroof which i had on my last 2 cars and was getting used to it but i think i could live without it was not using it so mutch. Price is good on this car and mileage low (60000km). What would u do?
Old 09-11-2014, 12:07 PM

'12 CLS 550 4matic
Originally Posted by CLS4MATIC
I decided to change my BMW SUV and move to a sportier car. Found this nice CLS 2012 4 matic whit airmatic suspension and other nice options which i really wanted since BMW not had adaptive one and whit 20' wheels was not so fun.
Problem is car does not have a sunroof which i had on my last 2 cars and was getting used to it but i think i could live without it was not using it so mutch. Price is good on this car and mileage low (60000km). What would u do?
I would go for it, unless you are a die-hard sunroof guy. How often did you really open it in the past? I find myself almost never, due to wind noise, etc.
I even keep the shade closed, to keep out the extra light. Funny thing though, the car has so much torque, that I find the shade slightly drawn back under acceleration.
Old 09-13-2014, 11:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 AMG
I am just curious, are you residing in Europe? The reason why I am asking is because not having a sunroof is a typical thing of European cars, in the USA most cars comes equipped with it. I was under the impression that it came stock from factory.

Last edited by C63newdude; 09-13-2014 at 11:52 PM.
Old 09-14-2014, 05:23 AM

CLS 350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by C63newdude
I am just curious, are you residing in Europe? The reason why I am asking is because not having a sunroof is a typical thing of European cars, in the USA most cars comes equipped with it. I was under the impression that it came stock from factory.
Yes in Europe is true that there are many premium and high end cars here without sunroof probably because of weather whit very hot summer and cold winters whit lot of snow. BMW X6 , ML , Panamera , Cayenne , 6 series see many of these without sunroofs which on US i think standard. Anyway i got the car and so far is great hope will run as smooth as now. I don't really miss the sunroof so far because interior is beige so lot of light
Old 09-16-2014, 01:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 AMG
^^ yes, I am not surprised. I am from Europe(lived there 26 years of my life) and I had a Porsche 911(964)Carrera 4 Cabriolet back then and didn't have A/C. Here in the USA the cars are a bargain.
Old 09-18-2014, 06:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 GLK350 Palladium Silver
Originally Posted by FEGELEIN
Funny thing though, the car has so much torque, that I find the shade slightly drawn back under acceleration.
I had the same thing happening on my 2014. I took it back to the dealer and they put a new sunroof in that now stays in place when I launch hard.