Aftermarket Apple Carplay question...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 01:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 CLS550
Aftermarket Apple Carplay question...

Hey guys... I'm thinking about getting an aftermarket Apple Carplay for my 2014 CLS. Does anyone have any recommendations?
Old 01-04-2018, 04:25 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
CLS550, BMW 550
Originally Posted by CLSilver550
Hey guys... I'm thinking about getting an aftermarket Apple Carplay for my 2014 CLS. Does anyone have any recommendations?
I'm an Android user so looking into this, just trying to see if anyone has done it yet.
http://www.ckmcardesign.se/multimedi...ouchscreen-cls

This video had me rolling, maybe you should rethink the Carplay thing.
Old 01-06-2018, 02:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2010 E550 4Matic sold, 2015 CLS 550 sold, 2016 CLS 550
I had dealer update my early build 2016 updated with carplay...used it once...most of the factory system interface is way better and easier. The only benefit i could see is the nav voice command was better than factory interface. I would not pay money for carplay
Old 01-09-2018, 09:43 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
GL450 W166
CLS with NTG5.1 2015.09+ to 2017 models can activate CarPlay and androidauto via OBD2 plug and play
Old 03-25-2018, 02:03 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes
Originally Posted by ntgcommander
CLS with NTG5.1 2015.09+ to 2017 models can activate CarPlay and androidauto via OBD2 plug and play
Stay Away

this is not spam is an outcry

ntgcommander vendor sell pure Chinese garbage

internetbrands a parent company allows this type of vendors and don't reply to complaints whatsoever

at-least 5 people already got burned by ntgcommander

i personally already had 2 units installed that lasted for 2 weeks first time and 2 month second time

one of my buddies never even received his as it was stock at US customs deemed hazardous to enter US

3 other people had various failures but none of the units ever worked, however ntgcommander is still allowed to advertise and take our hard earned moneyeven

Reading this thread i can see that even here everyone is having problems and not a single unit is fully working

we are asking to remove ntgcommander as a vendor

their so called email support takes week to reply, and all replys rellly either off topic or make no sense

they are sending products with fake invoices

Stay Away
Old 03-25-2018, 02:50 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Merc CLS550
Obviously, no moderator here
too bad
Old 03-25-2018, 03:05 PM
Banned

Mercedes
moderator didn't sell ntgcommander the ability to sell products as a vendor
Old 03-25-2018, 03:08 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Merc CLS550
Originally Posted by mbdr
moderator didn't sell ntgcommander the ability to sell products as a vendor
VENDOR is advertised as a "platinum vendor"--who designated "him" as such?
Old 03-25-2018, 03:12 PM
Banned

Mercedes
well they are listed here

https://mbworld.org/forums/vendor_directory.php thsi is websites vendor directory

if you want to advertise sites take you here https://www.internetbrandsauto.com/contact

click marketplace on top of the site and then become vendor,

basically we internet brands and mbworld sold us out to the Chinese lol
Old 03-26-2018, 05:32 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 462 Likes on 348 Posts
Originally Posted by citizensane
Obviously, no moderator here
too bad
You might try the reported post function to get the attention of the moderator staff? Thanks.

Bob
Old 03-26-2018, 05:34 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Stay Away

this is not spam is an outcry

ntgcommander vendor sell pure Chinese garbage

internetbrands a parent company allows this type of vendors and don't reply to complaints whatsoever

at-least 5 people already got burned by ntgcommander

i personally already had 2 units installed that lasted for 2 weeks first time and 2 month second time

one of my buddies never even received his as it was stock at US customs deemed hazardous to enter US

3 other people had various failures but none of the units ever worked, however ntgcommander is still allowed to advertise and take our hard earned moneyeven

Reading this thread i can see that even here everyone is having problems and not a single unit is fully working

we are asking to remove ntgcommander as a vendor

their so called email support takes week to reply, and all replys rellly either off topic or make no sense

they are sending products with fake invoices

Stay Away
Hi,

Please PM the details you have on this vendor and member customer service issues on MBworld, we will review and make a recommendation to IB. Thanks.

Bob
Old 03-26-2018, 09:45 PM
Banned

Mercedes
it's simple they send it with fake invoices it cannot clear US customs and if you finally get it guess what? they sell prodcuts that doesn't work, there is no support.
Old 03-27-2018, 07:58 AM
Administrator Emeritus

it's simple they send it with fake invoices it cannot clear US customs and if you finally get it guess what? they sell prodcuts that doesn't work, there is no support.
OK, that is based on your personal experience? Are there other members who have experienced the same customer service? Thank you.

Bob
Old 03-27-2018, 12:07 PM
Banned

Mercedes
yes its based on my own experience and for example this member

https://mbworld.org/forums/gl-class-...ml#post7409872

post#22

"I would have liked to have reported back that this has been a successful endeavor. But I cannot. This has been pretty much a nightmare. It started out great. Paid for the CarPlay solution from Unichip. It arrived from Hong Kong 2 days later. Super fast shipping. We to my local Import Auto repair shop to help with the removal of the trim so I wouldn't damage it. The shop owner was nice enough to let me watch the install. We couldn't get the unit to work. So we took video of the install so Unichip could verify the correct install. Being in Hong Kong, we couldn't communicate with them until the next day since they are 12 hrs ahead of us. I went back and forth with them for several days with different things to try to get the CarPlay box to work. In the end, after trying different processes, and downloading from 3 different emails updates for the box, nothing worked. I have sent the system back to them which they received 3 days ago. They told me prior to sending the unit back to them, once they received it they would immediately ship out a new unit. Yesterday they responded that they are out of stock until April 20th. I was more than a little pissed. So, I asked for my money to be refunded... Their response was that their engineers need to inspect the product prior to sending refund. I am now even more pissed. Any thoughts on a response.

I was really looking forward to using their product, but with my experience, I can only suggest that people stay away from UniChip."
Old 03-27-2018, 02:42 PM
Administrator Emeritus

yes its based on my own experience and for example this member

https://mbworld.org/forums/gl-class-...ml#post7409872

post#22

"I would have liked to have reported back that this has been a successful endeavor. But I cannot. This has been pretty much a nightmare. It started out great. Paid for the CarPlay solution from Unichip. It arrived from Hong Kong 2 days later. Super fast shipping. We to my local Import Auto repair shop to help with the removal of the trim so I wouldn't damage it. The shop owner was nice enough to let me watch the install. We couldn't get the unit to work. So we took video of the install so Unichip could verify the correct install. Being in Hong Kong, we couldn't communicate with them until the next day since they are 12 hrs ahead of us. I went back and forth with them for several days with different things to try to get the CarPlay box to work. In the end, after trying different processes, and downloading from 3 different emails updates for the box, nothing worked. I have sent the system back to them which they received 3 days ago. They told me prior to sending the unit back to them, once they received it they would immediately ship out a new unit. Yesterday they responded that they are out of stock until April 20th. I was more than a little pissed. So, I asked for my money to be refunded... Their response was that their engineers need to inspect the product prior to sending refund. I am now even more pissed. Any thoughts on a response.

I was really looking forward to using their product, but with my experience, I can only suggest that people stay away from UniChip."
Thank you, please ask any other members that you are aware of that have had a poor customer service experience with this vendor to join this thread. Please keep it all to this thread.

Bob
Old 03-27-2018, 02:52 PM
Banned

Mercedes
i personally paid for 2 and a friend of mine who is not on here got one, none of it worked, i'm sure there are more they just not active.
Old 03-27-2018, 02:57 PM
Administrator Emeritus

i personally paid for 2 and a friend of mine who is not on here got one, none of it worked, i'm sure there are more they just not active.
Thank you, if you like I can ask the vendor for an explanation concerning your order and their plans to either replace or re-reimburse your cost. I will need your email address used for the order, thanks.

Bob