Drivers seat creak

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cls550
Drivers seat creak

Hello. I have a 2016 cls550 that I absolutely love. One minor issue is that the drivers seat creaks. It's not loud and it seems to originate on the left side where the plastic is located. It is most noticeable when I accelerate from a stop. I mentioned it to my dealer and he said he could order a merecedes shim kit to address this issue.
My questions are
1. Has anybody had this done and does it work ?
2. There is a saying that "enemy of good is better". I am a little apprehensive about the dealer doing this and then causing other issues. What I don't know is how this kit is installed. If it involves removing the seat that makes me skittish
3. If anyone has had this issue , would a silicone spray lubcricant work ?

Thanks
Old 02-24-2017, 02:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 256 Likes on 202 Posts
2019 E300
My driver seat creaks as well, please let us know how the shim kit work out.
Old 03-12-2017, 10:07 PM

cls550
Shim kit installed and creak still there. Next step is to replace the seat rails
Old 03-15-2017, 11:53 AM

cls550
If anyone can chime in on this issue and give me some guidance. I am OCD when it comes to cars and I am wondering if chasing this issue will either not fix the problem or cause more problems. The thought of them probably having to remove and somewhat deconstruct the seat and then putting it back without any collateral damage kinda freaks me out. On the other hand, its kinda irritating to have a 90k car with even a minor seat creak... I'm torn
Old 04-08-2017, 10:30 AM

cls550
Well - I had the seat base replaced under warranty and creaking is gone !! However the dealer did do a minor scuff up on the trim piece close to the seat
rem

Old 04-08-2017, 10:32 AM

cls550
Well - I had the seat base replaced under warranty and creaking is gone !! However the dealer did do a minor scuff up on the trim piece close to the seat
Any ideas on how to repair? I don't want to remove that piece bc it's part of the b pillar. Too much deconstructing and more room for damage in my opinion.