2019 CLS Info?

Old 08-22-2017, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CLS 550
2019 CLS Info?

Anyone have any info on the new model, other than it will be all new? My lease ends soon, and my dealer is trying to get my into the new E Class (Coupe). Drove it today, and loved all the new bells and whistles, but I still like the V8 in my CLS much better and I like the look of mine better as well. The E coupe is Sexy, but my CLS (matte white) still looks better IMO. Hard to decide. Buy out my lease and get the '19 when they're released, or go for the bells and whistles now on the E Coupe with lower payments.
Old 08-23-2017, 12:34 PM
cda

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 AMG CLS53
I was in a similar situation about a year ago - the end of my lease was coming up and I thought about getting another CLS since the replacement was over a year away. I decided on the AMG GLE43 coupe and while the performance is decent, it just isn't the same as the smooth as silk V8. If I could do it all over again I would get another CLS. My advice is to keep your CLS - the luxury and performance is really a cut above the new E coupe and you would miss the power. I have read reports that Mercedes is introducing a gas/electric hybrid engine with hp somewhere in the 500 range for what would be named AMG CLS53. I am not sure if they will continue offering the V8 for this model.