console parking sensor switch

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 01:33 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Merc CLS550
console parking sensor switch

2014 MY 550 CLS
the chrome color push button pad in the center console immediately to the right of the ECO switch is giving me warning indication (lights RED) at times
I can't find anything in the owners manual detailing this switch nor it's function. At times--I can start the car and pull out of the garage-and the front sensor/s will go into warning mode and stay there even after I've pulled out
Then this switch will illuminate and the parking sensors no longer operate. I can push the button but it does not effect anything
Turn the car off--restart and the warning disappears--- the sensors operate as they should
Anyone else experience this? Is there a problem with my sensor functioning? It only occurs with the front sensors (so far). I did have the dealer set the front sensors to warn at 1' (versus factory preset at something like 4')
However I did that 6 months ago and this occurrence started about two weeks ago. It is intermittant
thanks!
Old 11-20-2017, 01:50 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Merc CLS550
Well--I went back to my owners manual and DID find the section covering my question--believe it's on page 193 or so