Eurocharged CLS tune

Old 11-14-2017, 12:04 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2013 CLS550
Eurocharged CLS tune

Just some feedback for you guys on my recent CLS550 tune. First let me tell you that this is my first Mercedes and I have been overall very pleased with this car. The quality is what I have been most impressed with, everything just seems to have a better feel than prior cars. This car (stock) has great power for what it is.....a luxury car. Unfortunately, along with that luxury title came fairly anemic steering and a transmission that couldn't seem to make up its mind. The transmission and 'feel' of the car's power was my biggest complaint. It is great when just cruising or if you punch it to take a lane at speed. The transmission in sport mode always seemed a little schizophrenic to me....it couldn't seem to make up its mind whether to punish the tires or be refined; especially when letting off the throttle or when you are at 3/4 pedal engagement (in sport, it seems to want all or none and really searches gears in the middle to slightly aggressive driving range)

Before we get started let me tell you that my car has the resonator delete which I highly recommend as it really lets you hear this engine (not too loud at granny paces but reminds you that you are driving a V8 when you get on the gas)

Initial impressions of Eurocharged tune:
Today I just received the ECU back and re-installed it (along with K&N filters since I was in there mucking around). I immediately drove the car around for about an hour, both city streets and highway driving.....at both aggressive and normal every day speeds. This car is 100% improved. The car no longer searches for what to do, you just push the pedal and feel 'engaged' immediately and completely. Perhaps the best part is that there is no longer that lag feeling before all the power kicks in. That was by far the worst part before the tune.....you push the gas and then sit there for 1-2sec before the car accelerates at pace. That lag is completely gone now. I will update in 1-2 months and let you know impressions once I have been driving it longer. I may dyno in the future just to see where I'm sitting but none of that really matter because this car just feels better. Almost Vette like in that straight/linear/power sorta way. On the interstate you can floor it at 60-70mph and still feel heaps of power all the way to 100+
The following users liked this post:
scyrozyk23 (11-14-2017)
Old 11-14-2017, 12:22 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
CLS550, BMW 550
What was the cost of the tune and how long was the turn around time?
Old 11-14-2017, 01:18 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 148 Likes on 108 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by Gee_115
What was the cost of the tune and how long was the turn around time?
message me and I’ll give ya our Black Friday pricing early.

we ship the ecu back the same day we get it as long as it’s in the am. Ship Monday in your hands wed!
Old 11-14-2017, 09:31 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 e550
Originally Posted by MBmemphis
Just some feedback for you guys on my recent CLS550 tune. First let me tell you that this is my first Mercedes and I have been overall very pleased with this car. The quality is what I have been most impressed with, everything just seems to have a better feel than prior cars. This car (stock) has great power for what it is.....a luxury car. Unfortunately, along with that luxury title came fairly anemic steering and a transmission that couldn't seem to make up its mind. The transmission and 'feel' of the car's power was my biggest complaint. It is great when just cruising or if you punch it to take a lane at speed. The transmission in sport mode always seemed a little schizophrenic to me....it couldn't seem to make up its mind whether to punish the tires or be refined; especially when letting off the throttle or when you are at 3/4 pedal engagement (in sport, it seems to want all or none and really searches gears in the middle to slightly aggressive driving range)

Before we get started let me tell you that my car has the resonator delete which I highly recommend as it really lets you hear this engine (not too loud at granny paces but reminds you that you are driving a V8 when you get on the gas)

Initial impressions of Eurocharged tune:
Today I just received the ECU back and re-installed it (along with K&N filters since I was in there mucking around). I immediately drove the car around for about an hour, both city streets and highway driving.....at both aggressive and normal every day speeds. This car is 100% improved. The car no longer searches for what to do, you just push the pedal and feel 'engaged' immediately and completely. Perhaps the best part is that there is no longer that lag feeling before all the power kicks in. That was by far the worst part before the tune.....you push the gas and then sit there for 1-2sec before the car accelerates at pace. That lag is completely gone now. I will update in 1-2 months and let you know impressions once I have been driving it longer. I may dyno in the future just to see where I'm sitting but none of that really matter because this car just feels better. Almost Vette like in that straight/linear/power sorta way. On the interstate you can floor it at 60-70mph and still feel heaps of power all the way to 100+
PM send.
Old 11-16-2017, 04:29 PM

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
cls550 2014
Eurocharged sent me the specs for a CLS550 (4.7L)

stock 402 HP 443 torque
mod 459 HP 578 torque

Sale price if very good! I think Santa may be getting this for us.
Old 11-16-2017, 09:07 PM

2012 e550
I send them my ecu few days ago. I will post the results in a day or two when I get the ecu back.
S.
ps. You should add those 459hp/578tq numbers you got are to the wheels.
Old 11-17-2017, 07:49 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
2014 CLS550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by scyrozyk23
I send them my ecu few days ago. I will post the results in a day or two when I get the ecu back.
S.
ps. You should add those 459hp/578tq numbers you got are to the wheels.
Yeah, what he said. You are looking more like 530hp and 600tq to the crank . Awesome gains with ECU tune!
Old 11-19-2017, 07:10 PM

2012 e550
Got my ecu back and drove it for few days and car feels AWESOME! Its not day/night difference but car is faster at every speed/gear/rpm. If it was any faster I would say it would be undriveble at WOT under city traffic conditions. I have 4matic and traction control kicked in few times when WOT from the stop during 50 deg weather. On the highway speeds is perfect. I will dyno it very soon and post results.
Great Tune and money well spend.
Thanks Euro-charged!!!
The following users liked this post:
ecmexchange (11-20-2017)
Old 11-20-2017, 12:25 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by scyrozyk23
Got my ecu back and drove it for few days and car feels AWESOME! Its not day/night difference but car is faster at every speed/gear/rpm. If it was any faster I would say it would be undriveble at WOT under city traffic conditions. I have 4matic and traction control kicked in few times when WOT from the stop during 50 deg weather. On the highway speeds is perfect. I will dyno it very soon and post results.
Great Tune and money well spend.
Thanks Euro-charged!!!
Glad we could help!
Old 11-20-2017, 12:35 PM

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
2012 CLS 550 Launch Edition
I'm only an hour away from Memphis. I'll keep an eye out for it next time I'm over there
Old 11-22-2017, 06:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
e320 CDI, CLS55 AMG
Today I Installed the Eurocharged 83mm super charger pulley and ECU tune on my new to me CLS55 AMG. This car was no slouch in any driving mode stock and now it's more beastly especially in sport mode! Every-time I come off a stop light aggressively the ESP reigns the car back in. There is a noticeable improvement in overall acceleration and the fun meter is pegged at max.:-)
Old 11-22-2017, 06:50 PM

2012 e550
Update.
One thing that you guys have to watch for is that my ECU came back with a drilled hole in it...(which all other tuners do for m278 ecu). But I was under impression that the hole will be filled with epoxy and painted over silver so it will look like stock ecu (also like all other tuners do). My ecu came back with a hole plugged by ugly black rubber plug that is visible even when ecu is mounted. When you go to a dealership once they open the hood they will know right away that ecu was modified. I don't know if they do it for all their tuned m278 ecu (I hope not) or mine was just send like that by mistake. I emailed Eurocharged few days ago and still waiting to get an answer.

Last edited by scyrozyk23; 11-22-2017 at 06:54 PM.
Old 11-22-2017, 07:24 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2013 CLS550
i will check but i do not have that on my ECU after the tune????