Anyone tried this OBD2 Lowering Module?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 02:33 PM

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
2016 CLS550 4Matic
Originally Posted by S63AMG888

Seems you have more interest on this than others and promoting his products? No stores, the module didn’t work and seller agreed to take back the module and pay for return shipping as seen on the messages and then when the package gets back to the seller, he refused the package and was sent back to me and to make matters worst, he blocks me on eBay. I’m not worried, file it with eBay and my credit card company so I’ll get my money back one way or another. Just wanted other buyers to know how he operates when his module doesn’t work.
I have no interest other than I'm a happy customer and I believe this module is the best thing for lowering cars I've ever seen. I've lowered every vehicle I've ever owned, and this is by far the easiest and most convenient way, if not the most economical. But due to the way it works, through reprogramming values through the OBD port, I think it's unreasonable to expect it to work perfectly on every vehicle. I suspect everyone here, including me, is concerned that you had problems... with the device and the seller, as we all have a stake in this either as owners or prospective buyers, but there's always two sides to every story and we don't know the other side in this case. It does sound like it's more complicated. As you say, use whatever resources you have available to you to get it resolved to your satisfaction. Ebay has protections... so does Amazon and he sells via both. However, despite your challenges, I would still encourage others to explore this option for lowering their car, as it is worth it... If it works, there is nothing better. Contact him with your VIN before purchasing as an added confirmation.
Old 07-31-2018, 02:35 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
2019 E450
I also had issues.
I ended up with 3 of them. He didnt ask me to return the first 2 nor did he hesitate offering a full refund or sending me the replacements.
John
Old 07-31-2018, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 230 Likes on 187 Posts
MY17 S63AMG - MBUSA Buyback. MY16 SL63 - Sold MY19 W213 E63s. 2020 W213 E63s Wagon
Originally Posted by djrabbi
Which module did you get though? This module for w218 isn’t same as w222. Maybe that’s why? I personally don’t take back returns for people buying wrong things or I slap on 30% restocking fee.

Mine didn’t work either but he resolved it within minutes!
Yeah, I can relate a stocking fee for some information i provided that was wrong and I purchased it through eBay as seen from my photos and just like everyone else that purchased it, you need to provide the year, model AND VIN number so I don’t see how I could be wrong. You can’t match the module if any one of the 3 stated information was wrong. I’m sure you guys know what information was needed when the buyers want to buy his module because it’s not an off the shelf product where one fits all. Just mad as hell a seller like that can still be in business. What is more surprising is the seller is now aware of this issue and doesnt even acknowledges why he accepted my return request, agrees to pay for return shipping and then refused the return package. Anywhere one slices it, it’s just bad for business. My 2 cent.
Old 08-04-2018, 10:42 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 CLS 550 Launch Edition, 2004 CLK 500, 2004 Honda Civic

Originally Posted by nsb_88

It should work man. I have the same command menu and I have the 2011 E550. You should message the guy the VIN to confirm it would work. This way even if it doesn’t, at least you get your money back
Hey Guys,

While there have been a few mixed messages within the overwhelming approval of the OBD lowering module, I have to say what an amazing experience and product it has been for me.

l researched and researched along with asked if it would work on my 2012 CLS 550 (w218) Launch Edition with the oldest NTG 4.0 COMAND. Spoke with the seller through these forums, got clarification and pulled the trigger on the purchase. Shipping was about a week (fast considering distance), followed instructions of VirtualRain and it worked like a charm!

I’m on the stock Launch Edition 19’s currently and did Custom -30 Front, -35 Rear. Kept it in Comfort mode as I feel it rides smoother than Sport. No rub on dips or speed bumps in anyway and overall very satisfied.

Here are some before and after photos! Sorry car is a bit dirty. Cheers to all the insight and questions answered by everyone! Thank you.

**On a side note, I’m close to purchasing my aftermarket wheels and will sell these 19” OEM Launch Edition wheels with tires.**

Thanks,
Angelo

Before

Before

Before

After

After

After

After

After

Last edited by Newjd2; 08-04-2018 at 10:47 PM.
The following users liked this post:
MHH-S550 (01-19-2020)
Old 08-21-2018, 01:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cl500
How did you like the ride with it lowered? I lowered mine with re-calibration and felt the ride was a little bumpy. Felt a lot more bumps in the road. Of course I do know that when you lower anything, you sacrifice ride comfort a bit. Maybe I've been too spoiled with the stock ride comfort.

Originally Posted by Newjd2

Hey Guys,

While there have been a few mixed messages within the overwhelming approval of the OBD lowering module, I have to say what an amazing experience and product it has been for me.

l researched and researched along with asked if it would work on my 2012 CLS 550 (w218) Launch Edition with the oldest NTG 4.0 COMAND. Spoke with the seller through these forums, got clarification and pulled the trigger on the purchase. Shipping was about a week (fast considering distance), followed instructions of VirtualRain and it worked like a charm!

I’m on the stock Launch Edition 19’s currently and did Custom -30 Front, -35 Rear. Kept it in Comfort mode as I feel it rides smoother than Sport. No rub on dips or speed bumps in anyway and overall very satisfied.

Here are some before and after photos! Sorry car is a bit dirty. Cheers to all the insight and questions answered by everyone! Thank you.

**On a side note, I’m close to purchasing my aftermarket wheels and will sell these 19” OEM Launch Edition wheels with tires.**

Thanks,
Angelo

Before

Before

Before

After

After

After

After

After
Old 08-23-2018, 09:57 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 CLS 550 Launch Edition, 2004 CLK 500, 2004 Honda Civic
Originally Posted by bhdien
How did you like the ride with it lowered? I lowered mine with re-calibration and felt the ride was a little bumpy. Felt a lot more bumps in the road. Of course I do know that when you lower anything, you sacrifice ride comfort a bit. Maybe I've been too spoiled with the stock ride comfort.
Honestly, no issues at all. Feel ride comfort is still very comparable. Once again, I kept mine in comfort mode and lowered it.

Many people put it in sport AND lowered it.
Old 11-21-2018, 01:25 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
CLS 550 4matic W218
Camber

anyone have any uneven tire wear or camber problems?
Old 12-05-2018, 10:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
CLS550 4Matic
Out of topic but can you share where you got your grille from? Looks absolutely amazing
Old 12-05-2018, 10:48 PM

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
2012 CLS 550 Launch Edition
Isn’t it the regular grille with the chrome parts wrapped black?
Old 12-07-2018, 05:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
CLS550 4Matic
Originally Posted by TNTim
Isn’t it the regular grille with the chrome parts wrapped black?
I dont think so look at his star...
Old 12-07-2018, 06:36 PM

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
2012 CLS 550 Launch Edition
That's the same as what's on my grille, but wrapped in black, and mine's the regular one. The star houses all of the Distronic Plus equipment so it's different to the star on cars without Distronic Plus
Old 03-04-2019, 04:54 AM
C10

W205 C250 AMG-Line
Hi there, I have a W205 C class with airmatic. I was wondering how the setting will affect each of the different modes. Say if I used the module to set the ride height in Comfort mode. Does it mean the ride height setting will remain the same as factory in Sports and Sports+ modes?

Thanks in advance!

Originally Posted by VirtualRain
Has anyone even heard of this before? It seems too good to be true.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/282861752179...m=282861752179

https://youtu.be/x_riDTTlcvY

EDIT: So I purchased one of these recently and thought I would write my full review here. I ordered through the Ebay link above and when the seller found out I was in Canada, he offered to have is Canadian partner send me one. I think they are on the other side of the country, but it still got here in a few days.

The device is super small and compact and plugs into the OBDII port under the dash.

The device is as pictured here (although mine is blue). It plugs into the OBD Port and provides a menu on your COMAND screen allowing you to lower the ride height or return it to stock.

The menu system is straight-forward and simple

On my C218 2016 CLS550, I don't have a touch pad as shown in the video so you navigate using the numeric keypad on the head unit... 2 and 8 are up and down, 4 and 6 are left and right, and 5 is enter. Very straight forward.

The device comes with three options for ride-height:
- Factory
- Low (-32mm)
- Custom (you set the front and rear drop yourself)

There are two menu options:
1. The current setting applied and the setting you want to apply (one of: Factory/Low/Custom)
2. The ride height settings for the custom option (Front drop and Rear drop)

I wanted a drop of about 20mm so I started with a custom setting of -15/-15 and that wasn't enough for me. I ultimately settled on -25 front and -20 rear to get the ride height dialled that I like. This gave me a ride height about 20mm lower than factory. Note that it's not accurate to the mm. I suggest you lower it on a very flat surface and use a yard stick held up to the fender aligned with the wheel hub to measure before/after height. Here's what I found using different custom settings:

Front Left Factory: 690mm (ground to fender on my yardstick)
With Custom -15mm = 677mm (actual drop of 13mm)
With Custom -20mm = 675mm (actual drop of 15mm)
With Custom -25mm = 670 (actual drop of 20mm)

When I asked the seller about the slight discrepancy, he aptly pointed out that the system is only accurate to +/-5mm due to a variety of factors at play in the system, so you may have to play with your custom setting if you're as picky as I am.

I found I had to dial in a -25 setting to get my desired 20mm drop on the front, but only -20mm to get an actual 20mm drop on the rear. You may have to experiment similarly.

The beauty is that this system is so easy to adjust. You can dial in new settings in about 30 seconds and see the results instantly.

The bottom line: This system really does make any other lowering option for Airmatic cars look foolish in comparison. No mechanical work, no wiring, it really couldn't be easier to change settings, or revert to stock any time. I wish all my previous cars had been this easy and affordable to lower.

Feel free to contact the seller for more info. I've exchanged several emails with him and he's a great guy based in Eastern Europe.. He's invested a lot of effort into this product and it shows. He deserves every dollar he makes from this. It's a great device.

Here's how you use it:
- Turn the ignition ON but not the engine
- Insert the device into the OBD port
- The menu will appear on the screen
- Select one of the preconfigured settings or set your own custom setting
- Apply the setting (it will take a few seconds for it to write this to the car)
- Remove the device
- Turn off the ignition
- The next time you start the car (even immediately) it will adjust to the new ride height.

You can have it in whatever mode you want when you start (sport or comfort).

The Sport and Comfort button still works as expected. Sport is still about 10mm lower than Comfort. I will actually use the comfort setting more often now when I have others in the car.

Here's some quick photos of the 20mm drop on my car with my new Rohana RC10 20" wheels (245/35 front, 285/30 rear)...

Front

Rear

Front

Rear

Let me know if you have any questions, and I'll do my best to answer.
MHH-S550 (01-19-2020)
Old 03-18-2019, 10:11 AM

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
2016 CLS550 4Matic
Originally Posted by C10
Hi there, I have a W205 C class with airmatic. I was wondering how the setting will affect each of the different modes. Say if I used the module to set the ride height in Comfort mode. Does it mean the ride height setting will remain the same as factory in Sports and Sports+ modes?

Thanks in advance!
This module sets your base line ride height, then the modes modify it. All the Airmatic functions work exactly the same. Thus if you set the ride height in comfort to 20mm lower than stock, and then activate sport mode, which drops it another 10mm, you will be 30mm below stock ride height.
Old 06-05-2019, 02:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 CLS 550 AMG Package
Do you know if this will work on a 2011 cls550 with airmatic using the

At Laguna Seca
Originally Posted by VirtualRain
Has anyone even heard of this before? It seems too good to be true.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/282861752179...m=282861752179

https://youtu.be/x_riDTTlcvY

EDIT: So I purchased one of these recently and thought I would write my full review here. I ordered through the Ebay link above and when the seller found out I was in Canada, he offered to have is Canadian partner send me one. I think they are on the other side of the country, but it still got here in a few days.

The device is super small and compact and plugs into the OBDII port under the dash.

The device is as pictured here (although mine is blue). It plugs into the OBD Port and provides a menu on your COMAND screen allowing you to lower the ride height or return it to stock.

The menu system is straight-forward and simple

On my C218 2016 CLS550, I don't have a touch pad as shown in the video so you navigate using the numeric keypad on the head unit... 2 and 8 are up and down, 4 and 6 are left and right, and 5 is enter. Very straight forward.

The device comes with three options for ride-height:
- Factory
- Low (-32mm)
- Custom (you set the front and rear drop yourself)

There are two menu options:
1. The current setting applied and the setting you want to apply (one of: Factory/Low/Custom)
2. The ride height settings for the custom option (Front drop and Rear drop)

I wanted a drop of about 20mm so I started with a custom setting of -15/-15 and that wasn't enough for me. I ultimately settled on -25 front and -20 rear to get the ride height dialled that I like. This gave me a ride height about 20mm lower than factory. Note that it's not accurate to the mm. I suggest you lower it on a very flat surface and use a yard stick held up to the fender aligned with the wheel hub to measure before/after height. Here's what I found using different custom settings:

Front Left Factory: 690mm (ground to fender on my yardstick)
With Custom -15mm = 677mm (actual drop of 13mm)
With Custom -20mm = 675mm (actual drop of 15mm)
With Custom -25mm = 670 (actual drop of 20mm)

When I asked the seller about the slight discrepancy, he aptly pointed out that the system is only accurate to +/-5mm due to a variety of factors at play in the system, so you may have to play with your custom setting if you're as picky as I am.

I found I had to dial in a -25 setting to get my desired 20mm drop on the front, but only -20mm to get an actual 20mm drop on the rear. You may have to experiment similarly.

The beauty is that this system is so easy to adjust. You can dial in new settings in about 30 seconds and see the results instantly.

The bottom line: This system really does make any other lowering option for Airmatic cars look foolish in comparison. No mechanical work, no wiring, it really couldn't be easier to change settings, or revert to stock any time. I wish all my previous cars had been this easy and affordable to lower.

Feel free to contact the seller for more info. I've exchanged several emails with him and he's a great guy based in Eastern Europe.. He's invested a lot of effort into this product and it shows. He deserves every dollar he makes from this. It's a great device.

Here's how you use it:
- Turn the ignition ON but not the engine
- Insert the device into the OBD port
- The menu will appear on the screen
- Select one of the preconfigured settings or set your own custom setting
- Apply the setting (it will take a few seconds for it to write this to the car)
- Remove the device
- Turn off the ignition
- The next time you start the car (even immediately) it will adjust to the new ride height.

You can have it in whatever mode you want when you start (sport or comfort).

The Sport and Comfort button still works as expected. Sport is still about 10mm lower than Comfort. I will actually use the comfort setting more often now when I have others in the car.

Here's some quick photos of the 20mm drop on my car with my new Rohana RC10 20" wheels (245/35 front, 285/30 rear)...

Front

Rear

Front

Rear

Let me know if you have any questions, and I'll do my best to answer.
Old 07-09-2019, 04:38 AM

undecided, either C or E class
Originally Posted by Wolfman
It's a very good module with the price is below what links with labor will cost.
- Not locked to VIN. Can be used on multiple cars, just like ELM's with a harness

so does this mean it's reusable on other vehicle of the same make and model?
Old 07-09-2019, 08:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
CLS550 4Matic, C43, E350, ML350
Originally Posted by EvoDeViL
so does this mean it's reusable on other vehicle of the same make and model?
Its VIN locked
Old 07-09-2019, 09:10 AM

undecided, either C or E class
Originally Posted by djrabbi
Its VIN locked
that was what I thought too. just clarifying with this statement. Thanks
Old 10-18-2020, 12:43 AM

2005 w211
Recently purchased this for my 2014 CLS550. Love the module so far! Ive been driving on "Low" setting, was wondering if a wheel alignment should be done to the vehicle if im going to be driving mostly on "low" mode?
Old 10-18-2020, 04:02 PM

Received 141 Likes on 124 Posts
W218 Stage 2, E85
Originally Posted by dincena
Recently purchased this for my 2014 CLS550. Love the module so far! Ive been driving on "Low" setting, was wondering if a wheel alignment should be done to the vehicle if im going to be driving mostly on "low" mode?
I don't think so. I asked the same question a while ago, and the person said there is no need. Because you will raise it up and lower it based on if you're going to work on it or whatever. I raise mine up frequently since I do all the maintenance on it myself. So far, I haven't had any issues. Of course, the tire wear will be a bit uneven since it's lowered and neg camber. But if one tire is wearing faster than the other, then I think you should get the alignment done.

I've only done the alignment on it when I got the wheels, which was 1.5 years ago. Runs pretty smooth.

Hope that answers your question. But I'm no expert on this.
dincena (10-18-2020)
Old 03-23-2021, 08:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2014 CLS550
Got my lowering module from the guys at Amazon. Been planning to buy for a long time and was very happy when I found out the seller was offering a $70 discount on 2014 Mercedes and older.

The following 2 users liked this post by zlor rahnet:
dark_cls550 (03-23-2021), Roop94 (03-23-2021)
Old 08-07-2021, 12:30 AM

Received 141 Likes on 124 Posts
W218 Stage 2, E85
Originally Posted by S.D.M.F
Does anyone have a link to the Module on Amazon? To suit a 2014 CLS 500.
Thank you.
https://loweringmodule.com/lomo-obd-...ion-module-t1/

Amazon Amazon

​​​​​​​Or you can verify the fitment by contact the customer service on their website directly (the first link).
S.D.M.F (08-07-2021)
Old 11-02-2021, 03:03 PM

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts
2013 Weistec 540/715 tuned CLS 550, 2008 E350, and '07 Jaguar S-Type R
Originally Posted by Joshash151
Good afternoon. Can you tell me if anyone has had problems with the suspension after using the module for a long time? 2014 CLS550
How low can you drive with this module without losing ride comfort?
Good questions - I am also interested in knowing.