dash rattle noise (with video)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2018, 01:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 CLS550
dash rattle noise (with video)

I've had my 2013 CLS for almost a year now - I've read various threads on here and killed most of the dash rattle noises - I've had the dash apart more times than I can count, and almost the entire back is covered in felt or rubber. I even took the vents out and wrapped everything there in felt, too. Makes you feel good to do arts and crafts on a car this expensive.

However there's one noise I can't kick - it comes from right above the analog clock. I've attached a link to the video I took of it below, sorry I don't know how to embed it - if I press on the trim right above the clock it will go away, so this morning I removed the dash again and jammed as much felt as I could into every crevice in this area. And sure enough on the drive to work this morning, it was back. It's very annoying because you can hear it with the radio up too and it's also unpredictable when it comes and goes.... I've driven my entire commute before holding that piece of the dash to not hear it.

Has anyone else experienced this particular rattle and if so, how did you fix it? Thanks.

https://streamable.com/n4mkw
The following users liked this post:
tharr1968 (02-06-2019)
Old 05-04-2018, 01:50 AM

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
2016 CLS550 4Matic
Man, that would be annoying, but I have no clue what it might be. I'm really sad to hear that I might experience this kind of thing in a few years (I'm driving a 2016). It's really pathetic that stuff like that crops up just after the warranty expires. I would expect more from Mercedes but I'm quickly learning to lower my expectations.
Old 05-04-2018, 09:59 AM
Banned

Received 57 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 cls550
This isn't going to help you but it's just an observation about our cars in general.
​​​​​​
after reading thousands of posts on this site I think it's safe to say that our cars are one of the least problematic if not the least problematic of all Mercedes models.(also the best looking IMHO)

As far as the rattle, maybe it's the clock?

Now I'm worried because I'm about to install a big subwoofer.... Hopefully I don't rattle this car apart. Lol.
Old 05-24-2018, 09:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cls550
I got rattle sounds near my speedo. Not sure where it's coming from. Its comes and goes at times. I guess its a Mercedes thing.
Old 02-06-2019, 11:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS550
Originally Posted by PelicanBenz
I've had my 2013 CLS for almost a year now - I've read various threads on here and killed most of the dash rattle noises - I've had the dash apart more times than I can count, and almost the entire back is covered in felt or rubber. I even took the vents out and wrapped everything there in felt, too. Makes you feel good to do arts and crafts on a car this expensive.

However there's one noise I can't kick - it comes from right above the analog clock. I've attached a link to the video I took of it below, sorry I don't know how to embed it - if I press on the trim right above the clock it will go away, so this morning I removed the dash again and jammed as much felt as I could into every crevice in this area. And sure enough on the drive to work this morning, it was back. It's very annoying because you can hear it with the radio up too and it's also unpredictable when it comes and goes.... I've driven my entire commute before holding that piece of the dash to not hear it.

Has anyone else experienced this particular rattle and if so, how did you fix it? Thanks.

https://streamable.com/n4mkw
Hello!
Did you resolve?
Old 02-09-2019, 12:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS550
Originally Posted by SydB.
I have but one annoying sound in my car that, after some trial and error, I have traced back to one common denominator. It only occurs when my wife is in the passenger seat and I'm driving, shall we say, in a spirited fashion.