2015 CLS550 A/C stopped working!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2019 | 11:36 AM

2018 Lexus LC500, 2020 GLE350 4Matic, 2005 Jeep Wrangler
Exclamation 2015 CLS550 A/C stopped working!!!

My 2015 CLS550's A/C stopped working immediately. I can't see a hole in the condenser like I saw on my previous Benz that made the A/C stop. In addition, the recirculate button stays lit as well, which also didn't happen with my previous A/C failure.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Old 12-30-2019 | 11:12 PM

2014 CLS550, 2016 Audi A7
When you press the AC button, does it come on(light)? Also, can you hear the compressor kick on? It might be hard to hear so you would have to pop hood and maybe have someone inside push thr button. Lastly, have you check the freon? It may be low. The system will not engage the compressor if the pressure is too low in the system. It also may not if it is too high. I doubt you're high though because it was working. It could be a super slow leak going on that caused your freon to go. But check the freon level(pressure). If its low, just add some. Proper way would be to vaccum it all out and then flow it in. But, men. On my DTS, I had a slow leak. When I noticed the compressor would not kick on, I had a spare bottle of autozone freon in the trunk and I would add some on the spot and keep it moving. Car was not worth the expense to send to a mechanic to fix the leak and all. But short of short, check your pressure.