CLS400 Exhaust Pop/Crackle Tune

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2020 | 09:44 PM

CLS400 4Matic EC Tuned
CLS400 Exhaust Pop/Crackle Tune

Are there any reputable providers like Eurocharged/Renntech that offer just a standalone pop/crackle tune? Assuming it would be noticeably less expensive than a tune that would include performance enhancements.
Old 03-12-2020 | 09:31 PM

W218 Stage 2, E85
Not sure if they only provide that tune by itself...but I'd suggest not to get the burble tune with the stock cats on. The extra unburnt fuel can possibly damage the cat cells. I have EC Stage 1 tune + burbles...I believe the burble tune burnt my O2 sensor already. I talked to a few people, one of them a genuine Benz/Porche mechanic, also said that the burble tune is more likely to damage your O2 sensor and the cats.

I'm planning to go cat-less downpipes and Stage 2 tune pretty soon..hopefully this summer.

That's just my experience and what I kind of learned...but not everybody gets the same issues. And you do what you love

And Renntech is just too pricey lol EC, Weistec, OE tuning are all good. I've heard just one or two people running AMR tune.
Old 03-12-2020 | 11:58 PM

C63 Vert
Originally Posted by Roop94
Not sure if they only provide that tune by itself...but I'd suggest not to get the burble tune with the stock cats on. The extra unburnt fuel can possibly damage the cat cells. I have EC Stage 1 tune + burbles...I believe the burble tune burnt my O2 sensor already. I talked to a few people, one of them a genuine Benz/Porche mechanic, also said that the burble tune is more likely to damage your O2 sensor and the cats.

I'm planning to go cat-less downpipes and Stage 2 tune pretty soon..hopefully this summer.

That's just my experience and what I kind of learned...but not everybody gets the same issues. And you do what you love

And Renntech is just too pricey lol EC, Weistec, OE tuning are all good. I've heard just one or two people running AMR tune.

Thank you so much for hands on advice on burble.
Old 03-13-2020 | 09:05 PM

W218 Stage 2, E85
Originally Posted by cls5504matic
Thank you so much for hands on advice on burble.

Your welcome.
I mean I know another person running burble tune with stock cats and his ride is running completely fine. So not everyone will run through this issue. But somehow I had to deal with it. It gave me such a headache bc I couldn't locate the problem, until I finally got the CEL and replaced the O2 sensor. There was a lot of misfire happening.

Don't want to scare you guys off, by all means go for it. But if something happens or misfire with burble tune + stock cats...check the O2 sensor first before spending on other parts.

This was just my experience you might not get into this issue at all, who knows
The following users liked this post:
Tbbt CLS (03-14-2020)
Old 03-15-2020 | 02:33 PM

03 G55 - 13' CLS550 - 90' 560SEC
I have my car tuned stage 1 w/pops with OETuning, and have the secondary cats & resonators removed. The primary cats are still in place and I haven't had any issue thus far, and it's been about a year. They have been great so far in terms of support and providing guidance and information when needed.
The following users liked this post:
SALES@OETUNING (03-15-2020)
Old 03-16-2020 | 02:20 PM

W218 Stage 2, E85
Originally Posted by Delbert
I have my car tuned stage 1 w/pops with OETuning, and have the secondary cats & resonators removed. The primary cats are still in place and I haven't had any issue thus far, and it's been about a year. They have been great so far in terms of support and providing guidance and information when needed.
Yea, not everybody is going to the issue that I experienced. guess was just unlucky for me to get it. But I just wanted to explain my part. That's all. But if you happen to get multiple misfire codes...check your O2 sensor first lol
I know 2 other ppl running the burble tune with stock cats and is running fine. So not all apples are bad.
Have fun