CLS 400 rear diffuser conversion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 08:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes CLS400
CLS 400 rear diffuser conversion

Hi MBworld, and greetings from a fellow CLS driver who's recently joined the ranks as of 3 months ago. Having become a new CLS owner, I'm thinking of different ways to individualize the car more and have essentially decided to pull the trigger on doing a rear diffuser conversion from a CLS 400 to a more aggressive CLS 63 AMG diffuser conversion along with a CLS 63 tip conversion. I have the CLS 63 tips on order, but I'm currently thinking of ordering the more aggressive Renntech rear diffuser. My only concern is whether any rear diffusers designated for the CLS 63 AMG will simply bolt perfectly on to my CLS 400's bumper without causing any issues. Does anyone have experience with this conversion? If there are any fellow CLs owners in Houston, I would love to find out if y'all ever get together discuss car topics. Thank you, guys. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.
Old 03-13-2018, 06:13 AM

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
2016 CLS550 4Matic
I’m interested in doing the same thing to my CLS550. Where are you getting the tips from? I would like a diffuser that looks as close to the AMG version as possible and don’t want to spend a mint.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes CLS400
I had a Euro performance shop here in Houston get a hold of authentic tips from a salvaged 15 CLS 63 AMG. As you're looking to do the stock AMG diffuser, I've found some AMG style diffusers on eBay for half the cost you'd get them from Mercedes
Old 03-14-2018, 08:19 AM

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
2016 CLS550 4Matic
Originally Posted by MBrace
I had a Euro performance shop here in Houston get a hold of authentic tips from a salvaged 15 CLS 63 AMG. As you're looking to do the stock AMG diffuser, I've found some AMG style diffusers on eBay for half the cost you'd get them from Mercedes
Great idea on the tips.

Can you link me at some diffusers you’ve seen?
Old 03-15-2018, 05:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RRS Supercharged and CLS550 (W218)
There are several diffusers for the CLS on ebay for cheap if you're not looking to spend a lot of money. I don't recall seeing any aftermarket diffusers that don't have the 3rd brake light cutout. The light is hard to source in the US since it's only available for the euro spec models. Have you looked into just picking up an OEM amg diffuser? The one for my W218 is relatively cheap. Take a look at this
https://www.mbdirectparts.com/oem-pa...bC12OC1nYXM%3D
I believe that is the part for the AMG model but you should double check. You will need to purchase the 3rd brake light. I purchased one for my Brabus diffuser...let me see if i can find the part #. You will have to source it from Europe.
Old 03-15-2018, 06:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RRS Supercharged and CLS550 (W218)
By the way, it should be a direct bolt on if you going with an OEM AMG diffuser.
Old 03-15-2020, 11:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2016 CLS 400
Looking to do the same

Hello I have a 2016 Cls 400. I wanted to add the double exhaust as well. My car don’t have that brake like at the bottom like some cls400 I see. Will I able to do the conversion. Pleas help
Old 03-16-2020, 11:09 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
CLS550
Originally Posted by MBrace
Hi MBworld, and greetings from a fellow CLS driver who's recently joined the ranks as of 3 months ago. Having become a new CLS owner, I'm thinking of different ways to individualize the car more and have essentially decided to pull the trigger on doing a rear diffuser conversion from a CLS 400 to a more aggressive CLS 63 AMG diffuser conversion along with a CLS 63 tip conversion. I have the CLS 63 tips on order, but I'm currently thinking of ordering the more aggressive Renntech rear diffuser. My only concern is whether any rear diffusers designated for the CLS 63 AMG will simply bolt perfectly on to my CLS 400's bumper without causing any issues. Does anyone have experience with this conversion? If there are any fellow CLs owners in Houston, I would love to find out if y'all ever get together discuss car topics. Thank you, guys. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

OP please see my response on the link below.... It's on the second page. I just did the conversion. Not bolt on if you want it done right. I share all the details in my post and part numbers needed. FYI I got tips off eBay and the manufacturer quality was poor... Was originally going to do a muffler delete and these Chinese tips. Ended up getting amg mufflers off of eBay because I did a resonator delete so it sounds amg like.

Anyways: https://mbworld.org/forums/cls-coupe...-question.html

​​​​