Parting ways for a while

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2023 | 10:58 AM

15' CLS400
Talking Parting ways for a while

Bought my first Benz back in 2002 when the first C230 Kompressor Coupe came out. Had 0 issues with this car for the many years of ownership. Moved up to a 2007 CLK350 which immediately had a well known balance shaft issue. Although I was able to have this taken care of under a certified pre-owned warranty I still chalk it up as a major engine issue. The CLK It lived it's life with the only other major issue being a intake manifold flaps breaking at around 200k mi.

Next up was my 2015 CLS400. Unfortunately it hasn't been so nice. With just over 100k miles on it I ran into two major issues last week. #1: The AirMATIC compressor died ($1600), #2: I started getting the well known knocking on warm starts, needs camshaft adjuster and chain tensioner ($5500), and the front differential pinion seal is leaking ($1500). In addition to these major issues there are a multitude of minor ones such as: Broken USB plug, broken cup holders, broken glove box handle/lock, broken front camera and more. Either the brand isn't what it used to be or I'm just not getting any love

After a lot of consideration I picked out a 2021 Audi from the lot, went to sales and traded in my CLS while it sat in service waiting on my approval. Luckily I received $9000 for the trade in with all of the issues.

I'm going to miss the forums, and working on minor maintenance while using my ebay copy of the WIS!

After 21 years of Benz I'm parting ways, maybe I'll be back someday
The following 2 users liked this post by TechSuperstar:
chassis (10-16-2023), RavenCLS (10-19-2023)
Old 10-16-2023 | 04:44 PM
Out Of Control!!
MBWorld Ambassador

2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by TechSuperstar
Either the brand isn't what it used to be or I'm just not getting any love
It's not what it used to be.

After a lot of consideration I picked out a 2021 Audi from the lot
Congratulations! Please post pics.
Old 11-02-2023 | 11:09 PM

2014 CLS550 4Matic, 2013 Audi A6
Bought my first Benz back in 2002 when the first C230 Kompressor Coupe came out. Had 0 issues with this car for the many years of ownership. Moved up to a 2007 CLK350 which immediately had a well known balance shaft issue. Although I was able to have this taken care of under a certified pre-owned warranty I still chalk it up as a major engine issue. The CLK It lived it's life with the only other major issue being a intake manifold flaps breaking at around 200k mi.

Next up was my 2015 CLS400. Unfortunately it hasn't been so nice. With just over 100k miles on it I ran into two major issues last week. #1: The AirMATIC compressor died ($1600), #2: I started getting the well known knocking on warm starts, needs camshaft adjuster and chain tensioner ($5500), and the front differential pinion seal is leaking ($1500). In addition to these major issues there are a multitude of minor ones such as: Broken USB plug, broken cup holders, broken glove box handle/lock, broken front camera and more. Either the brand isn't what it used to be or I'm just not getting any love

After a lot of consideration I picked out a 2021 Audi from the lot, went to sales and traded in my CLS while it sat in service waiting on my approval. Luckily I received $9000 for the trade in with all of the issues.

I'm going to miss the forums, and working on minor maintenance while using my ebay copy of the WIS!

After 21 years of Benz I'm parting ways, maybe I'll be back someday

What 2021 Audi did you get? I've been driving my CLS550 for a little over 10,000 miles now after coming from 20 years of Audis. All A6's with a A8 thrown in there. Although I like the CLS550 there are so many things I miss about the Audis. I still have a loaded up A6 in the garage for the wife, it was my car I ran for a few miles after a truck tire totaling out my A8. The only things I like about the Benz more is the stereo, the more comfortable seats, and the ride of the air suspension over the sports package suspension on the A6. The A8 however was better in all aspects over the CLS550. I figured I'd give the Benz a try and I know that I would be back to a A8 if I could find one loaded up like I want, I trade in the Benz in a heartbeat. I really miss my A8, but glad to have tried the CLS550. I think the CLS550 is more in the S6 competitor. I just figured I'd try my first Benz, but I believe it will be my one and only.