CLS550 No Power

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2024, 10:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 CLS550
CLS550 No Power

Morning, I'm new to this so I'm going to do my best to describe my issue. I don't drive my 2014 CLS 550 to often and recently it was not starting without a jump. I'm in Chicago and we had some really cold days and was not even able to get it to jump. When attempting to jump it, I was trying but just wouldn't turn. After several attempts, I eventually was getting noting. No click when turning and absolutely no power to anything within the vehicle. I replaced the battery and still nothing at all. I did eventually read a thread about jumping directly from the SAM (see pic) and it gets power and starts right up. However, if I turn the car off, I'm back to no power at all. Fuse/Relay I should check first? Just at a loss right now!
Old 01-21-2024, 12:27 AM
Super Moderator

Received 734 Likes on 715 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
moved to C218 forum...
Old 01-23-2024, 09:22 PM

2014 CLS550
In need of some guidance. I think I've read every google link and thread around this issue! I'm able to get the care started and it runs great but as soon as I turn it off, I get no power at all again. Also, I can't jump from the main battery or the jumper tab on the front SAM unit. However, I'm able to jump directly from the IM1 right next to the jumper stub. Once started I can drive it and it runs fine. However, as soon as the care is turned off, I lose all power again. I've had both the main and aux battery tested and they are good. Any thoughts?

Old 05-09-2024, 05:25 PM

CLS 550
Originally Posted by CLS55Owner
Morning, I'm new to this so I'm going to do my best to describe my issue. I don't drive my 2014 CLS 550 to often and recently it was not starting without a jump. I'm in Chicago and we had some really cold days and was not even able to get it to jump. When attempting to jump it, I was trying but just wouldn't turn. After several attempts, I eventually was getting noting. No click when turning and absolutely no power to anything within the vehicle. I replaced the battery and still nothing at all. I did eventually read a thread about jumping directly from the SAM (see pic) and it gets power and starts right up. However, if I turn the car off, I'm back to no power at all. Fuse/Relay I should check first? Just at a loss right now!
Did you ever get resolution re: getting your car to start without having to jumpstart it? Your picture is helpful in case I need to jumpstart it.
My 2012 CLS 550 Started making a medium loud noise from the outside rear, when I turned it off (after being out doing errands for a couple hours.
I couldn't figure out why, what was causing it. Next morning my car is completely dead. Weird.