Keyless Go Code: Antenna module malfunction...short circuit to positive.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 CLS 400
Keyless Go Code: Antenna module malfunction...short circuit to positive.

Hi all, I would really appreciate some guidance on this issue I'm having with my 2015 CLS 400. I've been having intermittent problems with my keyless entry/start functions for about 6 months. Since the heat of summer kicked in (110F+), they have been happening almost daily. I made a dumb move by throwing some parts at the problem before I scanned the car. The code that comes up is N69/5N69/5: The antenna module has a malfunction. There is a short circuit to positive.

Problem: Both key fobs will not lock/unlock doors, keyless start doesn't detect the key. In the morning, when the car is removed from the garage, the keyless system works as expected. All other times it intermittently works.

What I have done so far (one at a time after problem occurred again):
- Replaced batteries in both fobs.
- Replaced auxiliary battery in trunk.
- Replaced original Keyless Go Module(A2129008818) with updated used one bought from ebay (A2129009729).
- This is when I woke up and scanned for codes.
- Swapped original antenna module in the trunk with used one bought from ebay (A2059053005).
- Swapped original antenna module in the rear passenger side door with original from trunk.
- Swapped original antenna module in the rear driver side door with original from rear passenger side door.

The next thing I was going to do was test the wiring from the antennas to the keyless module but I don't have a pinout diagram. Anyone know where I can get that or any other info? The only info I found was a meta description on diag.net when doing a google search for the code description.

It was for a 2015 E63 and it stated "There is a short circuit to positive. Short to positive usually mean KG module A2/39 is not seeing an adequate (too low) voltage value. Since the problem seems ..."

Thanks for your time.

Last edited by emc2kh; Yesterday at 04:36 PM.