CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Two Months and no CLS!!!!! Too good to be true!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two Months and no CLS!!!!! Too good to be true!!!!!

First off, Happy St. Patty's Day!!! Now on to the great news of the day - Two months sicne release and NO CLS on the road - at least for me - I know a lot of you have seen tons of these cars it seems. I've been to Westlake, Plam Springs, Laguna Beach, Newport, Beverly Hills, Century City, etc. all in the past two months - and aside from the one launch edition parked on the side of the street in Palm Springs which looked like a dealer demo, I have not seen a SINGLE ONE on the road!!! Seen a bunch of Bentely Continental GT's and even a Ferrari F50 in Bev Hills one day - but no CLS!!! So far so good with the limited production - sure this will change - I hear they are getting a lot in at dealerships out here - but as of this morning nada.

Mine will be here in about 3 weeks now - figure I'll see 5 on the way to the dealership that day...lol.
Old 03-17-2005, 02:13 PM

2010 599 HGTE, 2009 LP560-4, 2010 Range Rover Sport SC
make that, youll see 5 today!!!
Old 03-18-2005, 12:03 AM
Almost a Member!

I live just north of San Diego and I have not seen a CLS on the roads yet either. I keep mistaking the Lexus ES300 for it like some other people, specially at night.
Mine will arrive late May, and I think I'm going to stay home more in order not to see any until then!
Old 03-18-2005, 03:47 AM

'08 S550 '09 C350 '06 C280
Haha, still no CLS John?

I was near the Angels Stadium Grabbing lunch yesterday, and Silver CLS w/ AMG package (from riverside) was parked. I'm getting anxious, Fletcher Jones called me to tell me my car is "in water" the 20th, shoulda paid for the 2nd day FedEx :p

TB
Old 03-18-2005, 10:04 AM
Almost a Member!

2007 S550 Alabaster
i'm amazed by your luck out California. i almost went three weeks without seeing another CLS, but have now seen what i believe is the same silver one twice. i guess someone in the area found the CLS as much to their liking as i did, because anywhere i drive outside my neighborhood, no CLS sightings.

john87699 - have you started a lottery yet on how many days before you have a sighting?
Old 03-18-2005, 08:45 PM

06 CLS500, 05 Range Rover, 00 Landcruiser
Why no sightings? I just drove for 15 mins yesterday and I saw 2 CLS. One white CLS500 and one iridium silver CLS55.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:05 PM

LOL...Adam was right...it was a sad day yesterday - on the two month anniversary of no CLS sightings I pulled up next to one at a gas station in Santa Monica *sigh* Was only a matter of time I suppose. But the guy who owned was really cool - we chatted for about 10 minutes. He paid $5k over sticker and has owned his since the first week it was released - and he was perfectly happy having paid $5k over to have had it first. He apparently had the first white sport that landed in the US - it was pretty loaded with options too.

Now something interesting. Here is a huge warning to everyone with a CLS (myself included soon I hope) - take heed - get rid of the clear **** by the rear wheel wells if you can - don't know how it holds up on other colors, but as I had suspected, it was yelowing heavilly on his white CLS after only 2 months. I'm sure I will have the same trouble with Silver. I honestly don't care if I need to repaint that area of the car once a year - that clear **** looks nasty when it discolors - gots to go. Let me know if anyone else has had this problem yet - especially on white I have to imagine it will show up the soonest. Reminds me of Lexus when they paint their cars white, the paint colors differently on the "plastic" areas and turns "yellowish". Has anyone tried peeling this crap off yet?