CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Lowering Module

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 ML 320CDI
Lowering Module

Which module provides more lowering: BRABUS or Lorinser? Can I install it myself? I heard it's just a chip after all...
Old 04-01-2005, 06:50 PM

06 CLS500 + 99 ML320
Originally Posted by aniantchev
Which module provides more lowering: BRABUS or Lorinser? Can I install it myself? I heard it's just a chip after all...
I did some research regarding these turner modules. First, Brabus is not able to adjust each axle height but Carlsson can do it on the other hand, not sure Lorinser. If I understand correctly, yes it is an overprice chip after all, what it does is sending the signal like 80 MPH and telling the airmatic lower for about 1/2 inch instead it just keep sending the signal all the time between to 0.5" to 1.25" and block the signal sending in at 80 MPH.

On the other hand, MBenzl Steve and Dean can use Mercedes Star system to lower the car for lot lot less. I'll do that next week and will happy to share with you after that.

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211/102782-mbenznl-lowering-module-complete-pics.html

Cheers!

Last edited by hlkc; 04-01-2005 at 06:54 PM.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:06 PM

FX35 plus
Kleemann has lowering module as well.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:56 PM

2010 599 HGTE, 2009 LP560-4, 2010 Range Rover Sport SC
ive heard from people who own both the Brabus and the Carlsson module, that the Carlsson mod lowers the car a lot more, and is fully adjustable. Also, the Brabus module requires splicing of the factory wiring harness, where as the Carlsson mod is "plug and play". the C-Tronic has a lot more intelligence then just tricking the computer into thinking its going 80. for these reasons ive decided to shell out the extra cash for Carlssons. ive posted Carlssons excerpt on their module before, but here it is again if you hadnt seen it:

Press Release, February 2005

Carlsson C-Tronic® SUSPENSION
Intelligent lowering

• Intelligent adaptation of spring travel
• Sporty look by lowering up to max. 30 mm
• Improved driving dynamics through reduced roll
• For Mercedes Benz models with Airmatic and ABC suspension

The Carlsson C-Tronic® product range includes electronic control modules for a variety of applications, such as engine control and supercharger or turbo control, as well as the control of active and semi-active suspension systems. The solution offered under the Carlsson C-Tronic® SUSPENSION brand has been improved in several important respects and thus meets the high expectations of an intelligent electronic suspension control system.

Maximum ride comfort in all situations
As a rule, conventional systems for lowering vehicles with electronic sus¬pension systems do no more than lower the centre of gravity. By contrast, the Carlsson C-Tronic® SUSPENSION lowers not only the centre of gravity but also, thanks to its sophisticated technology, reacts intelligently to the changing road conditions. On poor surfaces where the suspension jounces continuously, the vehicle height is automatically raised to ensure sufficient spring travel for even ride comfort. This demand-responsive system is controlled electronically and automatically so the driver enjoys a high level of ride comfort in all situations. The permanent data synchronisation with pre-set values ensures split-second adaptation to the road conditions prevailing.

Sufficient spring travel guaranteed at all times
The Carlsson C-Tronic® SUSPENSION also ensures that the vehicle is not further lowered at speeds of over 120 km/h as programmed in the standard system. This guarantees sufficient spring travel and that the ride height does not fall below the minimum level.

Quick and easy installation
Thanks to the tried and tested C-Tronic® connection technology for the wiring harness, installing and removing the Carlsson C-Tronic® SUSPENSION is not only reliable but quick and easy. For customers, this means only a short fitting time and, therefore, low workshop costs. Furthermore, the vehicle can be returned to its original condition at any time.
Old 04-01-2005, 11:46 PM

Go ghetto like I plan to or go Carlsson - Carlsson gives you a lot more of a drop and the ability to control how low you want it - Brabus is a fixed height lowering module as far as I know. After getting mine today, it needs to be dropped at least 2 inches.