CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Camber question?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2005 | 05:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Camber question?

Just posted this in another thread, but I wanna get soem ideas -

Anyone else who has already lowered their CLS run into camber issues ont he back wheels?

By camber I mean that any normal "sports car" will have a little camber to the wheels - might call it "tow" where the wheels bend in a little at the top when you look at the car from behind. Anyone who has owned lowered cars will know exactly what I'm talking about. Anyhow, my back wheels have a little camber to them after I lowered it and I wanted to see what everyone else's experience has been who have lowered their CLS either with carlsson, brabus or any other method.
Old 04-08-2005 | 05:50 PM

2010 599 HGTE, 2009 LP560-4, 2010 Range Rover Sport SC
ok, so we're on the same page.

i had asked Shine_1023 in a past thread what he thought, cause it looked like his rears were toed in. ill post some better rear pcitures of mine too, and get some other opinions as i had thought the same of mine last night in the garage.
Old 04-08-2005 | 06:26 PM

Cool - the shop here in LA is getting me a quote for a custom camber adjustment set-up so I'll let you know what they come back with for ideas.

Globe here in L.A. uses a shop in downtown right across from the Mercedes dealership there so they do a ton of benz's. They had a sick SL65 biturbo with 20 inch HRE's they had just done when I was there - they do really clean work and know what they are doing. The name of the shop is
R.B.Tech and you can check them out here - www.rbtechla.com - Their website is heavy Flash but worth the wait - they have what may be the sickest gallery I have ever seen on a website. Click on "Gallery, wait for it to load, go through the 30 or so cars and you'll see what I mean. Benz, Ferrari's Lambos, Maybach, McClaren, you name it.

www.rbtechla.com
Old 04-09-2005 | 01:16 AM

2007 ML 320CDI
I don't necessarily see camber as a negative; all BMWs have it stock. It'll simply wear out the tires quicker.