CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Stickers removal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 03:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 ML 320CDI
Stickers removal

John got me started with the clear fender film and now I expanded the project onto all possible stickers inside the car. Stuff like CAUTION and WARNING decorates the door areas as well as the sunshades and others. How about the great idea of slapping a Mercedes sticker on the windshield, just in case one couldn't tell it's a Mercedes? They are now all gone and the car looks so much cleaner without them.
Old 04-10-2005, 05:52 AM

Nice. I think there is a protective film over the front of the outside mirrors as well - this film actually makes sense I guess as it theoretically protects against bugs and such - might have to get rid of that tomorrow.

Speaking of stickers, what the heck was Mercedes thinking when they chose that *****ty font for "Mercedes" on the front right corner of the windshield. Good call on removing that - It looks like McDonalds font or a cheap brand of potato chips. I wanna see if I can get the old classy "signature" version that was on all the models prior to last year.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:27 AM

s600
sticker goo

Any luck removing the sticker residue? "goo be gone" will damage the paint, I tested it under the hood and goodbye paint.
Old 04-10-2005, 12:06 PM

2007 ML 320CDI
It's funny you mentioned GOO GONE because that's exactly what I used. Very small amount though + rinse immediately. Good luck.
Old 04-10-2005, 02:52 PM

Yeah - the transparent film over the back doors shouldn't leave any residue at all from what I've heard and persoanlly experienced. The stickers are a different story.