CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Speed Limiter?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 06:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airbus
Speed Limiter?

Found this in an online CLS review.What is it?

The car is loaded with high technology gizmos. Some of them take a bit of getting used to. When I first drove the car, it refused to go faster than 6 mph (10 km/h). I had inadvertently nudged the speed limiter stalk. It took a while to figure out how to disable this.

Also after reading 3 reviews in car mags,it appears the CLS500 is quite a bit quicker than the numbers MB put out. 5.5-5.6 0-60 compared to the advertised 6.1. Doesn't mean much but still nice to see.
Old 04-16-2005, 08:18 PM

MB CLS350, Obsidian Black
It's part of the cruise control system which lets you set your maximum speed (although not sure why you'd want to )
Old 04-17-2005, 09:48 PM

Airbus
Thanks. Didn't know you could actually govern the speed with the MB cruise control.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes all the way!
yup, you certainly can. quite useful when you wana make sure you never break the speed limit. if the police pull u over u cld point at the speed limiter to show him he mz b wrong

happens when u push the cruise control stalk "inwards" towards the steering. u'll then see a number of yellow "blobs" on the speedometer showing which range of speeds you can go to. this range can be set using the onboard computer. but i think it can be deactivated by flooring the accelerator, e.g. in emergency.