AMG quad exhasut tips?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 599 HGTE, 2009 LP560-4, 2010 Range Rover Sport SC
Originally Posted by PatSC23
great!! --looks like im out another $5k

LMAO!! Yes you are my friend, and just wait till u get to aftermarket wheels and lowering
Old 04-21-2005, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Originally Posted by adam76
LMAO!! Yes you are my friend, and just wait till u get to aftermarket wheels and lowering
so heres what im getting then...nav, amg package, heated seats, lighting package....and how does lowering work on the CLS--just coil-overs? I thought i saw some post regarding air-suspensions?? and im assuming it voids all warranties on the suspension? will Benz claim it hurts other parts also?

Last edited by PatSC23; 04-21-2005 at 04:21 PM.
Old 04-21-2005, 04:27 PM

so heres what im getting then...nav, amg package, heated seats, lighting package....and how does lowering work on the CLS--just coil-overs? I thought i saw some post regarding air-suspensions??
i almost got the same setup, i did premium pkg, amg, and lighting.

as far as lowering, thats a beautiful thing for the CLS500, no heavy suspension mods, all done via one of a few options. do a search for lowering, or C-tronic in this forum, and youll get a few threads with some really good info. theres basically 3 options here, use a module like one from Carlsson or Brabus which is the best, most non destructive route IMO, albeit the most expensive. Then there are other options like lowering the sensors, or using NetStar to lower it.

I went with a Carlsson C-Tronic module myself, see results: https://mbworld.org/forums/cls-coupe-c219/104317-cls-20-gfg-w-carlsson-c-tronic-finally.html

John87699 on this forum took another route, maybe he can comment on his installation?

Great FAQ: http://mbwerks.com/loweringfaq.html
Old 04-21-2005, 04:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
didnt read the whole post but pics are great... how much did it cost--just the lowering...and when you getting a lip spoiler?
Old 04-21-2005, 05:06 PM

06 CLS500 + 99 ML320
PatSC23,

If I may suggest, I like Keyless Go a lot and it's so convenience. Beside lowering and nice set of wheel I would recommend the OEM pedals and DVD-in motion Euro Comand. Check this out https://mbworld.org/forums/cls-coupe-c219/104212-3-must-have-items-cls.html and hope this post will give you some idea.

On the other note, I like to voice out litle bit regarding Carrera S and CLS, not too familar with RR and RS4. I'm Porsche fans for many years from 930 to my last Porsche, 996. I like it a lot but I guess I am getting old and little tired for street sport car. CLS is very different here. It is not as fast as even similar HP as my 993. 993 got more punch, faster acceleration, better braking and better corning. But overrall Porsche is not a every day car to me nowadays, once again I might need a break before driving a street sport car every day again... CLS is much better in comfort and lot more electronics toys. I work 5 days a week and when I finish a long day work depending on the work day, I guess in some day I really want a Porsche and some days I really want a comfort Mercedes. Nowadays, I seem want more comfort then a sport car ride. If money allowed I like to have Porsche or Ferrari for 2 days out of 7 days and the rest I like to take my CLS. This is the same reason that I don't mind to save little money not getting 55 and put the different toward to my next sport car.

Thanks,
hlkc
Old 04-21-2005, 05:07 PM

didnt read the whole post but pics are great... how much did it cost--just the lowering...and when you getting a lip spoiler?
i did it as a package with my wheels, so its really hard to say what i paid. The Brabus mod is a bit cheaper, its not as adjustable as the Carlsson. The Carlsson will proably cost just under 2k installed. Im having second thoughts on the front lip spoiler, it doesnt add too much, and it will probably be like 800 painted and installed, and it may make the front look a little too busy. im about to order the AMG rear deck lid, after thinking about that for a while. Im also doing some exhaust work, and im doing something a little out of the ordinary here, so stay tuned... Obviously first step is figuring out if that damn middle piece is replacable.
Old 04-21-2005, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by hlkc
If I may suggest, I like Keyless Go a lot and it's so convenience. hlkc

almost forgot, dont know how, i have the keyless go to, its GREAT, get it for sure. There went another G out the door...
Old 04-21-2005, 05:14 PM

06 CLS500 + 99 ML320
im about to order the AMG rear deck lid, after thinking about that for a while. Im also doing some exhaust work, and im doing something a little out of the ordinary here, so stay tuned... Obviously first step is figuring out if that damn middle piece is replacable.
Buddy,

Can you let me know where are you getting your deck lid and price? Do you know do we need to drill holes to install the lid? Feel free to PM me if needed. Also, I can't wait to see your exhaust work...

Cheers,
hlkc
Old 04-21-2005, 05:21 PM

Can you let me know where are you getting your deck lid and price? Do you know do we need to drill holes to install the lid? Feel free to PM me if needed. Also, I can't wait to see your exhaust work...
good info to share so wont PM. i spoke with a couple people, I was told that the factory AMG one is attached only via double sided adhesive, so hopefully no drilling! i have 2 sources now, the shop that did my work locally, and the other is MBenzNL where i got the info from. Price i got now is $450 painted from the factory!!
Old 04-21-2005, 05:27 PM

06 CLS500 + 99 ML320
good info to share so wont PM. i spoke with a couple people, I was told that the factory AMG one is attached only via double sided adhesive, so hopefully no drilling! i have 2 sources now, the shop that did my work locally, and the other is MBenzNL where i got the info from. Price i got now is $450 painted from the factory!!
Yup, that is what I heard from Steve too. This is the reason why I like the AMG deck lid since we have AMG kit too. Please post some pictures when completed.

Thanks,
hlkc
Old 04-21-2005, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
i cant confirm this but im almost positive that the lip spoiler is attached via double sided tape and/or possibly beta link adhesive....no drilling---
Old 04-21-2005, 10:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
PatSC23,

On the other note, I like to voice out litle bit regarding Carrera S and CLS, not too familar with RR and RS4. I'm Porsche fans for many years from 930 to my last Porsche, 996. I like it a lot but I guess I am getting old and little tired for street sport car. CLS is very different here. It is not as fast as even similar HP as my 993. 993 got more punch, faster acceleration, better braking and better corning. But overrall Porsche is not a every day car to me nowadays, once again I might need a break before driving a street sport car every day again... CLS is much better in comfort and lot more electronics toys. I work 5 days a week and when I finish a long day work depending on the work day, I guess in some day I really want a Porsche and some days I really want a comfort Mercedes. Nowadays, I seem want more comfort then a sport car ride. If money allowed I like to have Porsche or Ferrari for 2 days out of 7 days and the rest I like to take my CLS. This is the same reason that I don't mind to save little money not getting 55 and put the different toward to my next sport car.

Thanks,
hlkc
thats actually how i feel...although not as sporty as a porsche, my e46 m3 is far from what I would call an everyday car...since i have 19's (on 245/35 front and 275/30 rear tires) the ride is really rough, and not to mention crap in winter (altho i will get winter tires for the CLS)
yes it is fun to drive, but again its a noisy uncomfortable ride for many (my mother who i gave a ride this weekend when i went to visit) don't get me wrong, i got this car 2.5 years ago knowing exactly what i was getting into, and it fulfilled what i wanted out of it, a really fun car which I considered well worth the $55k price tag, not to mention the F1 tranny is really fun to drive...but i'm ready for that luxurious, quiet, smooth ride, yet something tells me the CLS willl be pretty sporty as well...i want the 4 doors, the space, and better service, not to mention i really just want a benz...regarding the porsche, its really just not practical...the range rover sport, altho powerful, just wont handle like im used to....and the audi rs4, again, not practical for $70k+....
Old 04-21-2005, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
are the pedals part of an accessory pack? or ordered afterwards? I guess what im asking is if its considered an option to replace to standard pedals...i know someone here got them thrown in...i guess my options will come down to what type of deal i can get...ballpark im willing to spend over 70 but under 75k...preferably closer to 72,500...so based on any discounts ill be able to get ill decide my options...did u guys pay msrp or were u actually able to get some off? if u dont mind my asking...keep in mind i will be looking for a 2007 model so hopefully that crazy initial demand will have died down....
Old 04-21-2005, 11:54 PM

06 CLS500 + 99 ML320
thats actually how i feel...although not as sporty as a porsche, my e46 m3 is far from what I would call an everyday car...since i have 19's (on 245/35 front and 275/30 rear tires) the ride is really rough, and not to mention crap in winter (altho i will get winter tires for the CLS)
yes it is fun to drive, but again its a noisy uncomfortable ride for many (my mother who i gave a ride this weekend when i went to visit) don't get me wrong, i got this car 2.5 years ago knowing exactly what i was getting into, and it fulfilled what i wanted out of it, a really fun car which I considered well worth the $55k price tag, not to mention the F1 tranny is really fun to drive...but i'm ready for that luxurious, quiet, smooth ride, yet something tells me the CLS willl be pretty sporty as well...i want the 4 doors, the space, and better service, not to mention i really just want a benz...regarding the porsche, its really just not practical...the range rover sport, altho powerful, just wont handle like im used to....and the audi rs4, again, not practical for $70k+....
PatSC23.

I never own E46 M3 but I own E30 M3 back in 89 before my 930. Anyway, I do feel that BMW is in the middle between Porsche and Mercedes. More comfort than Porsche. Better perform than Mercedes... I am glad you know what you get. It sounds like that CLS is the right choice for you - 4 door, sport, comfort and space not to mention it's a benz!

Keep in touch!
hlkc
Old 04-22-2005, 08:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Pedals are cheap, I paid $500 HKD => $70USD during my HK Chistmas vacation. As of 06 model, it is not even option. I took it from my W211 E and fit right in there since both W211 and C219 shares a lot of things in common.

I doubt you can get $72.5K for AMG option, Keyless Go, BiXeneon... I think the sticker is more like $77K, my sticker was $79,430. Btw, I did not pay above sticker, I pay $2K below sticker (not invoice). CLS 500 is not as hot as you think, at least in California. CLS55 is different story, my dealer willing to talk to me since I am a good repeat client there plus I refer few clients to them. CLS55 they want $10K to $15K above sticker ... Btw, not to mention a small increase next year therefore I doubt you can get all you want a brand new CLS for $72.5K (IMO).

Thanks,
hlkc
the car i built on-line was with lighting pack, amg pack, heated seats, and navigation.....silver on red for now....it came up to a little over 75k...(im not getting the premium package, as i dont need the ventilated seats...opted against the keyless go also) so if i can get 2-3k off msrp, Ill throw in the lighted door sills...

what im really hoping for in the 2007 is they replace one of the trims with an aluminum or birdseye trim....and also hoping they add an interior color, hopefully the dark blue leather...then ill buy the pedals and the spoiler, and try to find a fellow enthusiast w/o amg kit to swap his wheels plus cash for my AMG 18's..(ill put snows on those and buy 19's, either AMG 19's or aftermkts...)
Old 04-22-2005, 09:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Pedals are cheap, I paid $500 HKD => $70USD during my HK Chistmas vacation. As of 06 model, it is not even option. I took it from my W211 E and fit right in there since both W211 and C219 shares a lot of things in common.

I doubt you can get $72.5K for AMG option, Keyless Go, BiXeneon... I think the sticker is more like $77K, my sticker was $79,430. Btw, I did not pay above sticker, I pay $2K below sticker (not invoice). CLS 500 is not as hot as you think, at least in California. CLS55 is different story, my dealer willing to talk to me since I am a good repeat client there plus I refer few clients to them. CLS55 they want $10K to $15K above sticker ... Btw, not to mention a small increase next year therefore I doubt you can get all you want a brand new CLS for $72.5K (IMO).

Thanks,
hlkc
the car i built on-line was with lighting pack, amg pack, heated seats, and navigation.....silver on red for now....it came up to a little over 75k...(im not getting the premium package, as i dont need the ventilated seats...opted against the keyless go also) so if i can get 2-3k off msrp, Ill throw in the lighted door sills...

what im really hoping for in the 2007 is they replace one of the trims with an aluminum or birdseye trim....and also hoping they add an interior color, hopefully the dark blue leather...then ill buy the pedals and the spoiler, and try to find a fellow enthusiast w/o amg kit to swap his wheels plus cash for my AMG 18's..(ill put snows on those and buy 19's, either AMG 19's or aftermkts...)
Old 04-22-2005, 09:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
oops

Last edited by PatSC23; 04-22-2005 at 12:00 PM.
Old 04-22-2005, 09:22 AM

06 CLS500 + 99 ML320
are the pedals part of an accessory pack? or ordered afterwards? I guess what im asking is if its considered an option to replace to standard pedals...i know someone here got them thrown in...i guess my options will come down to what type of deal i can get...ballpark im willing to spend over 70 but under 75k...preferably closer to 72,500...so based on any discounts ill be able to get ill decide my options...did u guys pay msrp or were u actually able to get some off? if u dont mind my asking...keep in mind i will be looking for a 2007 model so hopefully that crazy initial demand will have died down....

I doubt you can get $72.5K for AMG option, Keyless Go, BiXenon... I think the sticker is more like $77K, my sticker was $79,430, please refer to my signature for options. Btw, I did not pay above sticker, I pay $2K below sticker (not invoice). CLS 500 is not as hot as you think, at least in California. My dealer willing to talk to me since I am a good repeat client there plus I refer few clients to them. But CLS55 is different story they want $10K to $15K above sticker ... Btw, not to mention a small increase next year. Therefore I doubt you can get all options you want and a brand new CLS for $72.5K (IMO).

Thanks,
hlkc
Old 04-26-2005, 09:30 PM

06 CLS500 + 99 ML320
First we need to confirm that the exhaust opening in 55 is wider than the 500. I already posted a question in 55 forum https://mbworld.org/forums/c219/105572-exhaust-opening-measurement.html unfortunately no one answer yet. But from adam's pictures, it seems to me that it is wider opening in 55 than 500. In this case, we need to find out that is the center piece can swap out or not. I briefy looked at that 2 days ago in my car and I'm not sure that the center piece can remove it, hints that it is part of the rear bumper. If that is the case then if you want a quad muffer then you need to get a 55 bumper or one of the tuners bumper. I'll check it tonight when I get home and let you know. In the mean time, if you can, please post a respond in my post in 55 forum and ask again, hope someone will answer that.

Thanks,
hlkc
UPDATE regarding the width of the 500 center piece in the center (between the exhaust)

1) Does all your 4 tips have "AMG" word engraved there?

2) How wide (in inches) is the black center piece between the muffler?

#1 - Yes it does
#2 - the dimensions of that black plastic piece are 49 1/2" X 3". It is actually longer then the space in between. It comes out about an inch on either side of the exhaust. Good luck!!

Thanks for HD-Viper!
hlkc
Old 04-27-2005, 03:01 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
In order to get the AMG exhaust fitted on the CLS500 AMG (sport) - the rear bumper has to be swapped out.

The opening is wider on the CLS55 and the piece in between the pipes (the "same" piece as on the CLS500) is not available separately...the bumper bottom part is the same one piece part as the rest of the bumper - it is not a separate piece.

The AMG quad exhaust is ordereable as an accesory for the CLS500 and shipping to california can be arranged fairly cheap when ordered from us.

The AMG trunklid spoilers are stuck to the decklid and also has the possibility to be bolted to the trunklid (not done from factory).

greetingz,
Old 04-27-2005, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by MBenzNL
In order to get the AMG exhaust fitted on the CLS500 AMG (sport) - the rear bumper has to be swapped out.

The opening is wider on the CLS55 and the piece in between the pipes (the "same" piece as on the CLS500) is not available separately...the bumper bottom part is the same one piece part as the rest of the bumper - it is not a separate piece.

The AMG quad exhaust is ordereable as an accesory for the CLS500 and shipping to california can be arranged fairly cheap when ordered from us.
so im confused, with the AMG accesory shown on MBs site for the CLS, does that still require the bumper to be swapped? it looks like the ovals are smaller, and tilted to fit the opening on the CLS500 with AMG Sport????
Old 04-27-2005, 03:35 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

some slow@$$diesels
so im confused, with the AMG accesory shown on MBs site for the CLS, does that still require the bumper to be swapped?
I don't know...I don't get to see anything on the AMG MB CLS site linker in this thread...all I know is that with the quad exhaust accesory from MB AMG the bumper has to be swapped...if that is the same one as on the site you are refering to - then yes.

greetingz,
Old 04-27-2005, 05:56 PM

06 CLS500 + 99 ML320
Originally Posted by MBenzNL
I don't know...I don't get to see anything on the AMG MB CLS site linker in this thread...all I know is that with the quad exhaust accesory from MB AMG the bumper has to be swapped...if that is the same one as on the site you are refering to - then yes.

greetingz,
Steve,

This is hlkc, I sent you an email regarding this. Anyway, here is the link http://www3.mercedes-benz.com/omb/am...s/daempfer.htm I'm very surprise that AMG will make such exhaust for 350 and 500 owner as an add on accessory but did not mention that new bumper required anywhere in the site. From a close look at that picture, like adam said, it looks like small oval tips there. Can you look into it and let us know. We are all eager to do some modification in our exhaust. Last, https://mbworld.org/forums/cls-coupe-c219/104959-my-bro-white-cls500-amg-pix.html this car got the whole bumper replace? just wondering...

Thanks,
hlkc
Old 04-28-2005, 08:10 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

some slow@$$diesels
The bumper replacing info was given to me by AMG...

The quad tips on the AMG link you put up look like they ARE smaller...the quad tips in Tariqs pictures look like they are wider though...I don't know what his brother used/did there...

greetingz,