CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Introducing myself

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 09:46 PM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Sold 06 CLS500. SL550 09. SL550 2013. Own C6 Corvette heavily customized garage queen 2005.
Smile Introducing myself

Hi there...........pretty excited. Put down a deposit a few days ago and ETA 17th May. CLS500 Pewter/Cashmere Beige with High Gloss Laurel Wood trim.

Parktronic, Lighting Pkg, AMG Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Electronic Trunk Closer and Keyless Go.

Have a C6 at present which I love and wanted a daily drive and just couldn't make up my mind as even though I was impressed with the Infiniti M45 sports, it just looked like an old farts car and this has always been the trouble for me, finding something that was near luxury, smooth drive but had the looks. Was about to purchase the Lexus SC430(but didn't need another convertible and heard problems with their standard run flats) , when a customer of mine showed me her CLS and I nearly freaked out. Love at first sight. :p So yes, I am looking forward to delivery time.

I have just spent the last few hours reading all the posts and I know that many of you are doing all the mod stuff, but very few posts on whether this car has bettered your expectations , or you are less than happy with it. Be nice to have your feed back. Only seen the one in my area..Naples FL and people were just staring at it and asking the owner all sorts of questions. My question would be.......lovely....but how does it ?

Questions if I may.........

1. There seems to be some confusion with posters stating that the pulsating seats are coming or not coming with the package as ordered above. Yes or no?

2. Wife has a sight problem and hates bright lights. Saw a pic with a car having a blue tint. Is this inclusive, or an option? Regardless, have any of you had yours tinted?

3. Trying to find a car manual beforehand so I can become well-informed beforehand. Any ideas?

4. MB Dealer tells me that this car is fitted out for Sirius satelite and he wants $800.00!! Surely this is BS. I prefer XM and couldn't my guy do this fairly competently and for much less. Whats the deal here?

5. Also don't have the Motorola phone package coming as an option and again the dealer stated that I needed to have this specially fitted out as the Nav/Computer is already set up for this.? and he quoted something like $2500.00!! Didn't know what he meant..It would appear to make sense to have a phone in the car, the way it is set up..but at what price..my pocket isn't endless

Anyway..great forum you have here and look forward to hearing from you all.
Old 05-11-2005, 01:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 CLS500 + 99 ML320
Welcome to the board! Your car equipped excatly like mine just the exterior color different. I was thinking Pewter too but at the end I bought silver instead.

2) I have similar problem but I pull down the sunshade when I drive and it is not bother me anymore. Except windshield I think the windows got little color tint around but it is nothing what you are thinking. If it bother your wife too much, maybe you should just tint all the windows.

3) You should talk to your sales guy and he should able to give you one in advance. All CLS 55 and 500 share the same manual and they got few in their office.

5) Don't get any factory or dealer installed phone. They are so expensive. Check out MBenzNL.com and talk to Steve or Dean. They can hook you up for lot less.

G. luck!

hlkc
Old 05-11-2005, 10:53 AM

2010 599 HGTE, 2009 LP560-4, 2010 Range Rover Sport SC
Welcome and congrats!! There are plenty of posts of us commenting on daily driving, look deeper I have to admit, i paid for half my CLS upfront, so i was a little uneasy at first dropping 40k in one shot, but that unease was soon gone. The car drives a like a dream, even after mods, no regrets after 3 months + !

1. The vibrating seats are part of the Drive Dynamic seats offered in the CLS55. I have seen some test CLS500s that may have the option, so im confused as well.

2. The "Light Blue Tint" is not that dark, if even noticeable. You may want to consider real tints for your wife it is a problem.

3. Here is a link to an online German manual (in English): http://www4.mercedes-benz.com/e/cars...ng/default.htm . I have not found the US one yet. I also had posted a link to the brochure a while back, let me know if u need that as well.

4. You can proably get XM for less, but you will miss the Command integration.

5. This is exactly right. it requires 4 peices, Voice kit, Completer kit, MHI cradle, and the phone. This adds up to $2500 list and i think thats without installation! I agree with HLKC, seek out another option, like MBenzNL.

Enjoy!!
Old 05-11-2005, 11:47 AM

Airbus
Welcome aboard.
Another confused individual when it comes to the seats. It is not supposed to be an option on the CLS500. Yet almost everytime I read a review, the reviewer
mentions the "massaging" seats function?

Like the others said, Have the windows tinted. It's a must in our climate. Just be careful of who you choose. Have read of botched jobs especially on the rear window of the CLS. Make sure great quality film is used. Worth the extra $.

$800 sounds like they are charging you over list for the Sat option. The price includes service for a time period but still the price is supposed to be around $650-700.