CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Driver side center vent AC-weak?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-06-2005, 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 CLS500, 05 Range Rover, 00 Landcruiser
Driver side center vent AC-weak?

Wondering if its just me but I can't help but notice that my center vent for the driver's blower is weak. All front vents fully open and all rear vents closed. I compared the amount of air blowing from the passeger center vent and it does blow more AC than my side. Surely I can just increase the fan speed to compensate for this particular weak vent but the noise from the remaining vents feels like I am driving a convertible . Anybody notice that?
Old 06-08-2005, 12:03 AM

just noticed it today, actually. I'm not sure how it could be changed, either.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:03 PM

Spyker C8, MB ML63 AMG, land rover
Originally Posted by hcden
Wondering if its just me but I can't help but notice that my center vent for the driver's blower is weak. All front vents fully open and all rear vents closed. I compared the amount of air blowing from the passeger center vent and it does blow more AC than my side. Surely I can just increase the fan speed to compensate for this particular weak vent but the noise from the remaining vents feels like I am driving a convertible . Anybody notice that?
Same for me...took it to my MB dealership, they ran a batch of tests and checked for blockage, but nada...I simply turn the passenger side to my side as well for increased flow, but obviously doesn't do much if someone is riding shotgun...I also don't like how noisy the fan is at high speeds, but I can live with it
Old 06-10-2005, 12:16 AM
KB5

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Mine flow well