CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Japanese electronic gadget vs. MB electronic gadget

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 11:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FX35 plus
(1)Luxury Japanese cars are 25% cheaper than German competitors.
(2)America-Asia is leading in electronic industry

What would Japanese car makers do to convince hi-end customers & share the market ?
Old 08-06-2005, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by AMG2GO
Japanese make great cars, ultra reliable, effecient, and as of late pretty refined. They do always seem to be a step behind the Germans in fun-to-drive, two steps behind in safety, and three steps behind as far as style (with a few exceptions here and there).

They are definitely a step ahead in electronics. There is no doubt about this. But this is what the Japanese do well. Not too many of us own German TV's or DVD players. Japan is well ahead when it comes to electronics. The electronics in a $30,000 Acura TL are better than the electronics in my $140,000 CL600. I mean there is no comparison. And honestly, there is no excuse either.

MB should have someone competent doing the car's electronics. If it needs to be Japanese, then be it. We still don't have touchscreens. Its all a dial and press business. There is no bluetooth, no DVD audio or surround, small screens, and the sound systems are not that great. A quick listen to a Lexus/Levinson system is eye opening. I have no doubt the Infiniti nav is a much better system.

Year after year now MB has been behind in electronics. In cars that are much more expensive. It needs to end.
Cosign
Old 12-11-2006, 12:20 PM

I see these auto-racism discussions on every board. There's always someone willing to bash one countries cars or the other.

German cars do, on average, drive better. But that doesn't mean every German car drives better than every Japanese car - that's a stupid generalization.

When all is said and done, none of us would buy a German DVD player for home use. German's need to outsource electronics to the people who know how to do it well - the japanese.

My brother in law just got an 07 G35 and the technology in the car puts anything MB has to shame. Don't flame me, it's a fact.

That said, I'm still thrilled to he77 that I just bought a used CLS55 that was more than double my brother in laws G35.

But there are sacrifices...

Don't bash people for wanting it all. If consumers demand it rather than holding on to outdated loyalties, car companies will fix it.