CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

2007 CLS550 Specifications

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Talking 2007 CLS550 Specifications

I have the specifications for the 2007 CLK550, CLK63, CLS550 and CLS63 AMG's.
I will post the data in each of their respective forums.
This data should be available on the mbusa.com site soon.
I am posting only the pertinent information, including:

* Engine and Drivetrain
* Chassis
* Performance
* Exterior Features
* Interior Features
* Instrumintation

2007 CLK550

MSRP TBA
Engine5.5L 32-valve V-8 engine
Net Power382 hp @ 6,000 rpm
Net Torque391 lb-ft @ 2,800 - 4,800 rpm

Engine 5,461-cc DOHC 32-valve V-8. High-pressure die-cast alloy cylinder block. Alloy heads.

Net power 382 hp @ 6,000 rpmNet torque 391 lb-ft @ 2,800 - 4,800 rpmCompression ratio 10.7:1Fuel requirement Premium unleaded
gasoline, 91 pump octane.Fuel and ignition system Integrated sequential multipoint fuel injection and ignition includes
individual cylinder control of fuel spray, spark timing/phase, and antiknock. Electronic throttle. One high-energy ignition
coil and spark plug per cylinder, with 100,000-mile spark plug intervals.
Intake system Dual overhead camshafts with continuously variable intake and exhaust timing. Magnesium 2-stage resonance
intake manifold increases intake runner length at lower rpm for improved response. Electropneumatic turbulence flaps at start
of intake path help increase intake airflow speed at midrange rpm for greater air-fuel mixture swirling and stronger, more
complete combustion.
Transmission Driver adaptive 7-speed automatic. Electronically controlled shifting. Driver-adaptive programming adjusts
shifts points to the driver's current driving style. Touch Shift allows the driver to manually downshift and allows upshifts
by nudging the shift lever left or right from the Drive position. Shift into Optimum Gear programming allows one-touch
selection of the best gear for maximum acceleration or engine braking by holding the shift lever to the left of Drive for one
second. Driver-selectable Comfort mode starts the vehicle moving in 2nd gear or a second Reverse gear, and upshifts at lower
rpm, to help improve control on slippery surfaces.
Drive configuration Rear-wheel drive.
Rear axle ratio 2.65:1

Performance

Acceleration1 0 - 60 mph in 5.1 seconds.
Fuel economyEPA estimate2 TBA
Highway estimate3 TBA
Emission certification TBA

Exterior Features

Black grille with three chrome ribs.
AMG-designed front air dam with mesh air intakes and chrome-ringed round front forlamps. AMG-designed side skirts and rear
apron.
Color-keyed AMG-designed rear spoiler on the edge of the trunk lid.
Dual polished chrome AMG exhaust finishers.
Red and smoke-color rear lamp covers.
Dual power mirrors, linked to the driver's seat memory and automatically heated.
Auto-dimming left-side mirror.
Electrically heated rear window with auto-shutoff based on time and outside temperature.
Dual aero-blade windshield wipers. Heated windshield washer nozzles.
Infrared rain sensor automatically adjusts the wiper speed and intermittent wiper frequency from infinite delay to fast
wiping speed based on the amount of rainfall measured on the windshield.
Variable-focus halogen headlamps with clear high-impact polycarbonate lenses.
Halogen front foglamps, in front apron. Single red rear foglamp integrated in the left taillamp cluster.
Driver-selectable light-sensing headlamps can be set via the Auto position of the headlamp switch to automatically illuminate
in darkness, and when entering dark tunnels or parking garages.
Driver-programmable daytime running lamps illuminate low-beam headlamps at reduced intensity (full intensity for optional
Bi-Xenon headlamps) in daylight, with auto-on override in darkness.
Automatic lamp substitution uses a nearby lamp if a critical bulb fails.
Touch Turn Signals flash three times with one touch of the turn-signal lever, for lane changing. Auxiliary LED turn-signal
indicators are integrated with side-mirror housings.

Interior Features

Digital dual-zone automatic climate control with individual left and right digital temperature controls and rotary airflow
distribution controls, automatic control of blower speed and airflow distribution (with manual override), sun sensor,
humidity/dewpoint sensor to help reduce window fogging during humid weather and help prevent overdrying of cooled air, and
activated charcoal filter with smog-sensing automatic recirculation of filtered cabin air. Dash-top diffuser vent. Rear-cabin
air vents at rear of front console. Electrostatic dust and pollen filter. Tunnel mode offers one-touch closing of all
windows, the sunroof (if equipped), and cabin air intake by pressing and holding the air-recirculation button. Pressing the
button again restores previous window and sunroof positions. Multifunction steering wheel provides convenient, additional
controls for the basic functions of the audio system and optional phone, plus operation of the multifunction display.
Fingertip shift paddles located behind the steering-wheel spokes. Power front and rear side windows, with one-touch
express-up/down for front windows. 4-way (tilt/telescoping) power steering column, position-linked to driver's seat memory.
Electronic cruise control. Delayed-shutoff front and rear courtesy lamps. Entrance lamps in both doors. Dual front reading
lamps. Dual sun visors with illuminated vanity mirrors. Auto-dimming rearview mirror. Front center console with rolltop
cover, enclosed storage compartment, and removable dual cupholders. Retractable storage container. Pockets in both doors.
Parcel net in right front footwell. Magazine pockets on both front seatbacks. Folding rear center armrest with slide-out dual
cupholder. Open center console between rear seats. Illuminated, carpeted trunk. Integrated garage door opener. Dash-top
diffuser vent. Rear-cabin air vents at rear of front console. Electrostatic dust and pollen filter. Tunnel mode offers
one-touch closing of all windows, the sunroof (if equipped), and cabin air intake by pressing and holding the
air-recirculation button. Pressing the button again restores previous window and sunroof positions.

Instrumentation

Electronic analog speedometer, tachometer and quartz clock. Electronic bar-graph fuel and coolant temperature gauges. Ivory
color gauges with soft blue backlighting, chrome rings, and matte chrome surround. Digital display for the odometer and Touch
Shift gear/mode selection. Multifunction display in the center of the speedometer, scrolled via the steering-wheel controls,
to operate and display various menus and vehicle features including the resettable trip meter and outside temperature
indicator; digital speedometer, maintenance system, and engine oil-level check; radio station, CD player, CD changer
(optional), iPod playlist/track (with accessory iPod Integration Kit); navigation system route guidance (optional); vehicle
reminder and malfunction messages; driver-programmable settings for instruments, lighting, vehicle, and convenience features.
Also includes controls for trip computer (elapsed time, fuel consumption, distance to empty) and optional cellular phonebook.
Mercedes-Benz maintenance system displays the distance remaining until the next basic maintenance service, indicates the type
of service due, and provides an automatic reminder feature when the service interval draws near. Audible reminders and
messages for open door or sunroof (if equipped); exterior lamp failure; low fuel, engine oil, coolant, and washer fluid
level; and to release parking brake, switch off headlamps, and remove the ignition key.

Last edited by Peanuthead; 07-01-2006 at 06:05 PM.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:58 AM
Almost a Member!

I think you posted the wrong specs

These are the specs for the CLK550, not the CLS550. Could you please post the correct ones? Thanks.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:00 PM

2009 C63 AMG
CORRECTED: 2007 CLS550 Specifications

I have the specifications for the 2007 CLK550, CLS550 and CLS63 AMG's.
I will post the data in each of their respective forums.
This data should be available on the mbusa.com site soon.
I am posting only the pertinent information, including:
* Engine and Drivetrain
* Chassis
* Performance
* Exterior Features
* Interior Features
* Instrumintation

2007 CLS550

MSRP$67,675*
Engine5.5L 32-valve V-8 engine
Net Power382 hp @ 6,000 rpm
Net Torque391 lb-ft @ 2,800 - 4,800 rpm

Engine and DrivetrainEngine 5,461-cc DOHC 32-valve V-8. Die-cast alloy cylinder block. Aluminum-alloy heads.

Net power 382 hp @ 6,000 rpmNet torque 391 lb-ft @ 2,800 - 4,800 rpmCompression ratio 10.7:1Fuel requirement Premium unleaded gasoline, 91 pump octane.Fuel and ignition system Sequential multipoint fuel ignition and twin-spark ignition. Electronic throttle. Dual-stage resonance intake manifold.
Transmission Electronically controlled shifting. Driver-adaptive programming adjusts shift points to the driver's current driving style. Touch Shift allows driver to manually downshift and allows upshifts by nudging the shift lever left or right from the Drive position. Shift into Optimum Gear programming allows one-touch selection of the best gear for maximum acceleration or engine braking by holding the shift lever to the left of Drive for one second. Driver-selectable Comfort mode starts vehicle moving in 2nd gear or 2nd Reverse gear, and upshifts at lower rpm, to help improve control on slippery surfaces.
Drive configuration Rear-wheel drive.
Rear axle ratio 2.65:1

Performance
Acceleration1 0 - 60 mph in 5.4 secondsFuel economyEPA estimate2 16 mpgHighway estimate3 22 mpgEmission certification Ultra LowExterior Features
Silver grille with four chrome ribs.
Dual chrome exhaust tips.
Power tilt/sliding tinted glass sunroof with one-touch express-open/close and memory.
Dual power mirrors, linked to driver's seat memory and automatically heated. Auto-dimming left-side mirror.
Blue-tinted glass. Electrically heated rear window with auto-shutoff based on time and outside temperature.
Dual aero-blade windshield wipers. Rain-sensing intermittent wipers. Heated windshield washer nozzles.
Variable-focus halogen headlamps with projector low beams and clear high-impact polycarbonate lenses. Halogen front foglamps in front apron. Single red rear foglamp integrated in left taillamp.
Driver-selectable light-sensing headlamps. Driver-programmable daytime running lamps. Automatic lamp substitution uses a nearby lamp if a critical bulb fails.
Touch Turn Signals flash three times with one touch of turn-signal lever for lane changing. Auxiliary LED turn-signal indicators are integrated with side-mirror housings.
Emission Vehicle (ULEV)

Interior Features
Multifunction steering wheel provides convenient additional controls for basic functions of audio system and phone,1 plus operation of multifunction display. Power windows, all with one-touch express-up/down. 4-way (tilt/telescoping) power steering column, position linked to driver's seat memory. Driver-programmable easy-exit feature can raise steering column when SmartKey is removed from ignition, and restore positions when key is reinserted. Electronic cruise control. Automatic ambient lighting provides gentle illumination while driving in darkness to the console, door handles, all four footwells, and the front and rear seating areas. Four reading lamps. Courtesy lamps with programmable fade-out time. Entrance lamps in all four doors. Dual sun visors with illuminated vanity mirrors. Auto-dimming rearview mirror. Full-length center console with front and rear storage compartments. Wood-trimmed rolltop covers on rear compartments. Four cupholders. Illuminated glovebox. Storage behind motorized wood-trimmed door in dashboard. 12-volt power outlet in rear storage compartment. Folding rear center armrest with enclosed storage. Magazine pockets on front seatbacks. Pockets in all doors. Parcel net in right front footwell. Illuminated, carpeted cargo area with 12-volt power outlet in side panel. 4-zone CFC-free automatic climate control. Rear-cabin operating panel with dual temperature controls. Rear-cabin air vents in console. Electrostatic dust and pollen filter. Sun sensor. Humidity/dewpoint sensor helps reduce window fogging during humid weather, and helps prevent overdrying of cooled air. Tunnel mode offers one-touch closing of all windows, the sunroof, and cabin air intake via the air-recirculation button. Pressing and holding button restores previous window and sunroof positions.

Instrumentation

Electronic analog speedometer, tachometer, and quartz clock, all with deep chrome rings. Electronic bar-graph fuel and coolant temperature gauges. Digital display for odometer and Touch Shift gear/mode selection. Black gauges with white markings and Glacier Blue backlighting. Multifunction display in center of speedometer can be scrolled via steering-wheel controls to operate and display various menus and vehicle features: resettable trip meter and outside temperature indicator; digital speedometer, Maintenance System, and engine oil-level check; low tire pressure warning system; radio station; CD player/CD changer; navigation system route guidance;1 Distronic adaptive cruise control settings;1 vehicle reminder and malfunction messages; driver-programmable settings for instruments, lighting, vehicle, and convenience features; trip computer (elapsed time, fuel consumption, distance to empty); and cellular phonebook.1 Mercedes-Benz Maintenance System Plus displays distance remaining to next basic maintenance service, indicates type of service due, and provides automatic reminder. The system also monitors brake-pad wear.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:02 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by anon
These are the specs for the CLK550, not the CLS550. Could you please post the correct ones? Thanks.
D'oh! Thanks for catching that. I was multitasking in multiple threads.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:34 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,445 Likes on 3,154 Posts
'71 Pinto
Looks as though there is an increase for:

1) New 388 hp V8
2) Pre-Safe – Anticipatory occupant protection
3) Adaptive Brake – Hydraulic, dual circuit braking replaces SBC and includes hold function to prevent rolling at stop lights or backwards
3) Adaptive Brake Lights - Flash during emergency braking (not certain if MBUSA models are so equipped)
4) Rain sensor with second sensitivity setting
5) Restyled chrome keys
6) Front seat luxury head restraints – Side bolsters are movable and can be adjusted for most relaxed position.

Not bad…

Last edited by konigstiger; 07-05-2006 at 04:09 PM.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:36 PM
Almost a Member!

Actually MSRP on their website is $65,675 including transporation, so I assume the price has gone up $2,000 as this one also probably includes transportation also.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:37 PM
Almost a Member!

That's the expected 3% price increase my dealer told me about.
Old 07-05-2006, 05:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 CLS 550 and some other MBZ
Is the gas guzzler tax still there? Wonder how much is it going to be since the engine is more efficient (Higher HP and EPA still the same as '06). Also, did it mention anything about the wheels? I saw a pic. in another site and the wheels looked different but that might be the European verison only and not for the US.

Last edited by mbenz1; 07-05-2006 at 06:19 AM.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:16 PM
Almost a Member!

Also important to remember that in that $2K price increase the Harmon Kardon system and cd changer are now included. This was formerly $900. Gas guzzler tax should be a fairly small amount now.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:31 PM

'20 CLS450; '14 CLA250; '14 Honda GX Natural Gas Powered
I hope my dealer is wrong but he claims the US gas guzzler tax has gone up from $1,300 to $1,700. He wonders why as the S550 with the same engine is only $1,000. 4 passengers versus 5 passengers might be a factor.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:37 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,445 Likes on 3,154 Posts
'71 Pinto
The 07 is now on mbusa.com – gas guzzler tax is zero. My vehicle, comparably equipped, looses the multicontour seats and, of course, comes in cheaper for 07.
Old 07-05-2006, 05:55 PM

Just confirmed the gas guzzler tax is $0!!!!!!!!!

When I went to the dealer, MB's system wouldn't let them add the multi contour seat even as an option. The P2 option is only the ventilated and not multi contour

Last edited by mbenz1; 07-05-2006 at 06:19 PM.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:11 PM

Hmmm I sure hope you guys are right about the gas guzzler tax because I have in my hot little hand a Confirmation of European Delivery for a 10 Oct 2006 S550 (admittedly heavier but the same engine) and it shows a gas guzzler tax of $1,000.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:44 PM

Come to think of it, $0 guzzler tax on MB's site might be because the car has not gone through inspection in the US yet so they dont know how much it is. But if that's the case MB should put "TBA" instead of a big $0 under gas guzzler tax. Well, I do hope it's really $0!
Old 07-19-2006, 10:35 PM

Guys I started a new thread on the gas guzzler tax but will say again here. It is $1,700 for the 2007 CLS550. I wish it were not true but that is what my Confirmation of Delivery says:
List 66,900
Parktronic 1,110
Gas guzzler tax 1,700...
That's my Plain Jane 2007 CLS550 (anyone wants to buy my California 06 CLS500 14k miles e-mail me)
Old 07-19-2006, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by ppilot
Guys I started a new thread on the gas guzzler tax but will say again here. It is $1,700 for the 2007 CLS550. I wish it were not true but that is what my Confirmation of Delivery says:
List 66,900
Parktronic 1,110
Gas guzzler tax 1,700...
That's my Plain Jane 2007 CLS550 (anyone wants to buy my California 06 CLS500 14k miles e-mail me)
MBUSA has just updated the site and the tax is $1,300......

Last edited by mbenz1; 07-19-2006 at 11:27 PM.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:27 AM

06' CLS500. 07' Cayman S, Track Audi A4 (500+ HP), 07' Ducati 1098, M6 (on order)
Originally Posted by mbenz1
MBUSA has just updated the site and the tax is $1,300......

Who cares. I mean, seriously.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by Eric H.
Who cares. I mean, seriously.
It's just a bit of a disappointment since mbusa has been posting "Gas guzzler tax $0" on their site from day one, so people actually thought their new engine's more efficient and be out of the gas guzzler category completely. Also, $1300 is still money!