CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Tilt Mirror Parking Aid

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 03:03 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLS500 w/ AMG
Weird, I agree. The Envoy Denali has both mirrors tilt in reverse. I like, the girl's not a fan though.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Originally Posted by EmergencyDpt
Just picked up my car. Asked the tech to turn on the parking aid. He tried but was unable. He showed me the computer and this function was not on the list that could be activated. He stated the door control does not have this coding, nor does the main hub or gateway or whatever he called it. Alas.

Try another dealer...

Just Bought my Son a 2007 209 ...The Tilt feature didnt work..
Brought it home and 5min later via star..the right mirror tilts when in reverse
Old 04-18-2007, 05:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL63
this is so weird.. my wife had a 07 lexus gs350 tilt both automatic unless you turn it off and now she has an 07 escalade with both mirrors tilting unless you turn it off. Why does MB make you use star diag so much?

another note, i was backing into a parking spot at chili's today for lunch and my right side was against the curb so i decided to try out the mirror and it worked great for that situation.. i was able to stay away from the curb... I guess for me it will be situational, on average i dont find it beneficial to use.
Old 04-21-2007, 03:25 PM

Just picked up my CLS 550 4 days ago. GREAT car!! but the next day it went in for service due to a dead panel in the center console. Good old mercedes quality I guess. Anyhow, thanks to the info here, I was able to have the dealer program the Tilt mirror function. At first the dealer told me that it can't be done but I kept insisting until they they did it. No charge of course.

Now when I put the car in reverse, the passenger mirror tilts down but when I put it back into drive, it doesn't return to the previous driving position. Is that normal?
Old 05-09-2007, 02:11 PM

'20 CLS450; '14 CLA250; '14 Honda GX Natural Gas Powered
No it is not normal. It should go back to its original position when the car goes a few miles an hour forward. I'm assuming you adjust the mirror (while in Park). Then memorize that position. Then go into reverse and adjust the right mirror down as far as you like, then memorize that.