Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 CLS550 & 05 E55
Not so hot.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:45 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by allied107
Not so hot.
It's not bad. Obviously a labor of love.
Someone will like it. Probably a young person.
Good luck on the sale.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 8 Posts
‘23 EQS AMG
i've seen better. allied107's is even nicer lol
Old 04-18-2007, 11:56 AM

"not a good job on the stereo"?

Sorry, not to have left the Harmon Kardon alone, they did a swell job at Mercedes...

How can you thumb your nose down at an integrated PC in a CLS and claim that Mecedes had it right....

CDT speakers sound fantastic

While everone else is clamoring for an ipod hook up, this car has satellite, a 80 gig HD for mp3 or whatever, plays video and with the RF 360 can be multi-octave tuned through a palm device....

I dont mind the criticism but I posted the car here to let people know who like it. Dont group forum bash it becasue you dont like the interior, thats childish. respect that somone else out there may like the color.

Alied, you have a very nice car, one of few thats done tastefully and I love white cars. this isnt a comptetition as to who has a better car, this is simply a car for sale and you guys should help ANY fellow forum member out when he puts one on the market to help him sell it instead of nit picking silly commentary.

What I do for others is "A bump for a car well done..." or something of the sort even if the car isnt for me....It's about helping fellow members, get it?

You guys want to see a car done right, heres my daily driver....

This should end all "labor of love" commentary...I do what I do becasue I want to not because I cut corners.
Attached Thumbnails Look at this nice CLS, fully modded-bent.jpg  
Old 04-18-2007, 11:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Smile Misunderstanding...sorry!

Hey to Barolo, I said I did not like light interiors. I did not bash the car, I prefer dark interiors over light ones. I just expressed a taste. On the system, I would have a used a different type of speakers, that also is a preference as well. The other parts I mentioned, were exterior pieces, which I like (OEM AMG or Lorinser). For sake of resale, I probably would leave the stereo system as it is. On my current car, which I am selling, I did an all Alpine setup, which was hot right? That's what I thought... All new Apline Type X and Alpine amps, with awesome sound. Yes, but to some buyers they amazingly wanted the stock system. Go figure?? It was my labor of love, and I can understand and respect that from anyone.

Excuse me, if I rubbed ya the wrong way, and BTW I deleted the earlier post. I stand corrected, and good luck with selling your car.

Last edited by bigben320e; 04-18-2007 at 11:21 PM.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:15 PM

To a certain extent, there's no point arguing about the "worthiness" of one person's mods vs. another's. Most people who love cars would like to have a somewhat exclusive vehicle, one which stands out among the hordes of generic G35's, 545's and E classes.

Who wants to have tract home which is identical to every neighbor's?

Sure, it's possible go beyond the mainstream boundaries of good taste, but you don't see that too often on >$80K cars.
I appreciate conservative taste, but there's someone out there who will love Barolo's CLS. And I respect the 'labor of love' commitment. I don't think it's beyond 'good taste'. And even if I disliked it, that's not the issue. He wasn't fishing for negative feedback...just getting the word out.

(As for light interiors, I've had to wait to get a special order combo so I could get a cashmere interior...I've had black interiors for so long I don't notice/appreciate their beauty anymore. Need a change of pace. That's why MB offers alternatives!).
Old 04-18-2007, 11:54 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
‘17 Carrera GTS, ‘16 E63 Estate, 1965 Shelby Cobra and a few more
I recall you saying in another thread that you picked up a Designo? Did you get it?
Old 04-19-2007, 12:24 AM

Go Warriors!!!!

naw, I decided to keep the Bentley...

I was scared to own it past the warranty period which expires in two months but decided that with only 7K miles on her that I should be OK at least for a couple of years as I only put 5K miles a year on her.

I've got my eye on the new Maserati coupe though....what a gorgeous car that is.
Attached Thumbnails Look at this nice CLS, fully modded-maserati-gt-profile-1280.jpg   Look at this nice CLS, fully modded-maser-granturismo02.jpg   Look at this nice CLS, fully modded-maser-granturismo22.jpg  

Last edited by Barolo CLS; 04-19-2007 at 05:51 PM.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
What the the 4 door?

Barolo, you ever consider the Maserati four door? The Quattroporte is hot...
Old 04-19-2007, 12:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
‘17 Carrera GTS, ‘16 E63 Estate, 1965 Shelby Cobra and a few more
Originally Posted by Barolo CLS
naw, I decided to keep the Bentley...

I was scared to own it past the warranty period which expires in two months but decided that with only 7K miles on her that I should be OK at least for a couple of years as I only put 5K miles a year on her.

I've got my eye on the new Maserati coupe though....what a gorgeous car that is.
I’m waiting for the new Aston Martin. I don’t think you’ll have any problems with that Bentley, they have made huge progress in the reliability department over the last 3 years.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 8 Posts
‘23 EQS AMG
Originally Posted by bigben320e
Barolo, you ever consider the Maserati four door? The Quattroporte is hot...

yes! definitely consider the Quattroporte. Very elegant car.