CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

SBC-hold feature

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 01:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SBC-hold feature

Hi everybody I own a 2005 CLS500 and have problems with SBC-hold feature. I've been trying to activate it but it doesnt work, although sometimes when slowing down on the slopes it says "SBC-hold not available". What shoul I do? Tnx in advance for your help.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:42 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
17 E220D, 11 E350 CDI(sold), 06 CLS320 CDI (sold), 05 Cadillac DeVille (gone), 04 E320 CDI (sold)
Hi Cagliostro,

The first thing is to be sure your car actually has the feature! My understanding is that it is not available in US cars for product liability reasons.

Assuming you do have it, then to make it work do this.

Come to a normal stop and hold the car on the footbrake. Now give a quick, gentle extra push to the brake pedal. It should light up a caption in the main display saying <HOLD>. You can then remove your foot from the brake pedal and the car will remain stopped until you psuh one of the pedals, normally the accelerator to move off. I find this very useful for long cycle lights and it would avoid the need for foot co-ordination on hill starts too.

The quick push you give the pedal is a bit hard to describe, it needs to be enough to make it notice and fairly quick on and off. Once you have done it once or twice it is easy. It took me several goes to get the knack.

Hope this helps.

Rgds John
Old 05-25-2007, 10:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55
can this be set on U.S. cars thru star?