CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

They want to bill me for 15 hrs of Labor?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 05:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLS 500
They want to bill me for 15 hrs of Labor?!

Ok, so here's the honest truth, I bought my car, the central air vents stopped working. I took it to a local, small town shop, and they 'tried' fixing the issues. So then I decided to take my car to the MB Dealership here in VA. After some 2-3 days of 'looking' for the problem they came down to the followng.

1. A broken pin connector is the problem. Since it is broken, no communication is being transfered from the central air vents to the stepper motors below that control the airflow.

2. They want 15 hrs of labor + parts, = $2,200 plus tax since they can tell the small shop tried working on the "connector pin."

3. I know I messed up, should have taken it straight to the dealership, ALL I WANT TO KNOW is, should I call other dealerships to get a quote or is this reasonable?
Old 09-17-2007, 06:33 PM

CL500 and ML55
The way I see it you have 2 options:
1. Try a different MB dealer and do not tell them anyone else looked at it. I can not see why the independent shop would have unplugged the connection in the first place. or
2. You may want to call and ask them (independent shop) if they did disconnect the connector...If they say they did not then you will have a clear concience.
If they say they did - let them know what the MB dealer said and ask how they propose to remedy the situation.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:13 PM

2007 cls 550
Well if you think about it. yes its alot of money but did they know off the bat that it was a broken pin? no. did they have to test a whole bunch of stuff yes. labor is a *****, but jus think if they throw 2100 in parts and its still not fixed?