CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Problems activating exterior rear view mirror parking position

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 CLS550
Question Problems activating exterior rear view mirror parking position

I have a 2008 CLS 550 in the USA and I’m having trouble getting my Passenger-side exterior rear view mirror to dip into the parking position when the car is put into reverse. I’ve followed the instructions as outlined in the Operations Manual: (a)Storing exterior rear view mirror parking position (pg 125) (b)Activating exterior rear view mirror parking position (pg 184)

I’ve had the service techs at my local MB dealership also follow the procedures as listed in the manual to ensure that it wasn’t user error. They were also unable to resolve. This is a minor issue that appears to be software related. Does anyone else have this trouble or know of a solution?
Old 12-19-2007, 05:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Smile I would do this...

1. Make sure you left the passenger mirror button selected. Those steps once followed are very simple.

2. If it does not work, and the techs could not resolve, get them to fix it. You CLS is under warranty. If it is software they will have to hook it up to the Starmark system find out what is going on.

Old 12-19-2007, 09:26 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by DarylO
I have a 2008 CLS 550 in the USA and I’m having trouble getting my Passenger-side exterior rear view mirror to dip into the parking position when the car is put into reverse. I’ve followed the instructions as outlined in the Operations Manual: (a)Storing exterior rear view mirror parking position (pg 125) (b)Activating exterior rear view mirror parking position (pg 184)

I’ve had the service techs at my local MB dealership also follow the procedures as listed in the manual to ensure that it wasn’t user error. They were also unable to resolve. This is a minor issue that appears to be software related. Does anyone else have this trouble or know of a solution?
Starting with MY07 MBUSA has removed the software coding for the Parking aid feature where the passenger side exterior mirror tilts down while in reverse. However, techs have successfully reprogrammed with STAR (MB diagnostic computer system).

Check you PM.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 CLS 550, 2003 G35, 2006 Mazda 3
Originally Posted by konigstiger
Starting with MY07 MBUSA has removed the software coding for the Parking aid feature where the passenger side exterior mirror tilts down while in reverse. However, techs have successfully reprogrammed with STAR (MB diagnostic computer system).

Check you PM.
That would explain why I couldn't get it to work. They probably should have taken it out of the 2008 manual then. Thanks for the tip!