CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

VW built themselves a CLS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 04:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 CLS 550 and some other MBZ
Originally Posted by KiwiRobbie
No the CLS would love to look as good as the Passat CC, VW has really showen how clumsy looking the CLS design is, it's the ugliest car MB make, I'd take the VW with its better build quality and looks over a CLS any day.
Old 01-19-2008, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C200TCDI Sports Edition
I'll rephrase that it's the second ugliest car that MB make the V Class people mover is uglier.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Lightbulb What?

I read this post and got rather confused. The VW in the pic is a take from the 300M and the CLS. It seems almost like a Frankenstein mixture of sorts. I would not say it's ugly(I WANT TO SO BAD), nor the CLS or any car for that matter. It's all about your opinion, but the CLS wants to look like a VW? That's bad comedy.

The rims are even knock-offs on this VW.

Better quality than the CLS? I would like to see some facts and figures on that.

MB put out a winner in the CLS, and like any winner many will imitate. Take a list of the followers on the 4 door coupes:

1. BMW
2. Aston Martin
3. Jaguar
4. Porsche
5. VW

Like the Patriots, all want to knock the CLS off. None have done it so far, only copies of design.

I have seen all the new "4 door coupes" and only the Aston has been able to compete with fit and finish, and it is not out yet AND has over 40K added to the price as opposed to the CLS. The BMW 8 series looks good, but the D@MN i-drive has to go, it will be pricey as well.

I am sticking with my CLS.