CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Brake noise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cls
Brake noise

I have a 2006 CLS with 15k miles on it. If I don't drive my car for a few days or after drivng in stop-n-go traffic, the brakes will squeal really loud. I checked my pad and all of them have more than 50% left on the pad. I did a search and found a TSB for brake noise, but this was for the W211, does anybody know if this will apply to the W219 too. Any help is appreciated.
Old 02-08-2008, 06:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1999 C280 Previous / 2008 E350
Originally Posted by SoCA |\/| B3nz
I have a 2006 CLS with 15k miles on it. If I don't drive my car for a few days or after drivng in stop-n-go traffic, the brakes will squeal really loud. I checked my pad and all of them have more than 50% left on the pad. I did a search and found a TSB for brake noise, but this was for the W211, does anybody know if this will apply to the W219 too. Any help is appreciated.
I had the same problem and I have 4K miles on my 2008 E350, when I wash my car I spray on some of this product on the brake pads and discto get rid of the noise/debris. Ever since then noise is gone .... You can apply it before or after you wash your car. Hope this helps

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductL...egorycode=3223
Old 02-13-2008, 01:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'20 CLS450; '14 CLA250; '14 Honda GX Natural Gas Powered
Check the web for "bedding" techniques:
1. Perform four-repeated light to medium stops, from 65 to 10 mph, to bring the rotors to temperature.
2. Perform three light stops in succession. Perform eight heavy stops, back to back, at a point just pending wheel lock, from 65 mph to about 5 mph.
3. Drive for ten minutes to create cooling airflow, without using the brakes if at all possible.
4. Perform three light stops in succession. Perform eight heavy stops, back to back, at a point just pending wheel lock, from 65 mph
to about 5 mph.
5. Drive for ten minutes to create cooling airflow, without using the brakes if at all possible.

Additional Notes:

* Metallic brake pads – Metallic pads need high temperatures to keep the pad “Bedded”. If you drive the car for a period of time without using the brakes extensively, you may need to “Bed” the pads again. This is not a problem. Simply repeat the procedure.

Sounds a bit over-the-top but this is what http://www.baer.com/technical/brakin...padbedding.php
recommends. I would just be a bit more aggressive on your braking and see what happens.

Last edited by ppilot; 02-13-2008 at 01:05 AM.