CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Sirius Radio??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 08:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
in your Mom's car
Sirius Radio??

I was wondering if anyone here had Sirius radio installed by the dealer after you bought your car and how much was everything?? I did a search and found the price to be between 700 and 1500. Just seeing if anyone here has prices.
Old 04-21-2008, 01:15 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by Inf4life
I was wondering if anyone here had Sirius radio installed by the dealer after you bought your car and how much was everything?? I did a search and found the price to be between 700 and 1500. Just seeing if anyone here has prices.
The vehicle initially delivered with a free/pre-paid SIRIUS subscription. Press SAT. If you receive channel 184 (preview channel) the prepaid subscription was never activated thus you are entitled to 6 months free. If not, you will need to set up a paid subscription. Either way retrieve your ESN number [COMAND headunit: SAT –> service] call SIRIUS @ 1-888-539-7474, provide ESN, and activate and/or subscribe.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CSL500
Konigstiger, are you sure all the MY06's came with Sirus?

When I press the SAT button in my car I get the message on COMMAND that says No Satellite Radio. I'd love it if there was one in there that only needed to be turned on somehow but for some reason I doubt it.

Thanks
Steve
Old 04-25-2008, 05:45 PM

in your Mom's car
I thought you needed an extra antenna for the Sirius to work? The only one that I have is the stock one on the roof.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:31 PM

CL63
your right.. there should be one on your trunk..
Attached Thumbnails Sirius Radio??-left-rear-view.jpg  
Old 04-25-2008, 11:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
I stand corrected! In looking back over my paperwork, SIRIUS is indeed a paid option about $700 list with a MY06 new vehicle order. When the SIRIUS option is ordered then you receive a prepaid 6-month subscription from MBUSA. The vehicle is prewired however, SDARS module along with a trunk mounted antenna needs to be installed and MOST configured to accommodate. I am trying to locate the MB installation instructions this way one can purchase the parts at discount and do their own installation or alternatively supply parts and have a dealer install at substantially reduced cost. I hope that this gesture will make up for my misdirection.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:48 PM

in your Mom's car
Man, that antenna on the trunk looks like ****e.
Old 04-30-2008, 01:14 AM

CSL500
Konigstiger, being a relatively new owner (6 months) I'm glad to have folks like you on the forum to help us new people. Keep the info coming, I've had to use it when talking with my dealer on service work.
Old 05-23-2008, 02:55 PM

I have the Sirius on my car (CLS550) and I would suggest everyone who does not to stay away from it! If you need to get anything aftermarket (even the other antenna on the trunk) and you don't care about the integration with the Command system, then get XM. I had both and XM is technically superior. My drive to work is 27 miles on a freeway in Los Angeles (no trees or tall buildings until I get to downtown) and sirius cuts out at least 10-15 times throughout the drive. XM never did it. I spoke to a rep and he said that it is because sirius is 100% satellite and XM uses regular radio waves when the satellite is not visible. I would strongly go with XM over Sirius.

Just my 2 cents...
Old 05-25-2008, 09:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E55 then E63, now back to an E55
Originally Posted by jhzafrani
I have the Sirius on my car (CLS550) and I would suggest everyone who does not to stay away from it! If you need to get anything aftermarket (even the other antenna on the trunk) and you don't care about the integration with the Command system, then get XM. I had both and XM is technically superior. My drive to work is 27 miles on a freeway in Los Angeles (no trees or tall buildings until I get to downtown) and sirius cuts out at least 10-15 times throughout the drive. XM never did it. I spoke to a rep and he said that it is because sirius is 100% satellite and XM uses regular radio waves when the satellite is not visible. I would strongly go with XM over Sirius.

Just my 2 cents...
I've never personally had a problem w Sirius and I like the stations better so it works for me.........
Old 05-27-2008, 09:29 PM

CLS 550
Originally Posted by jhzafrani

Just my 2 cents...
I have the same problem with Sirius in my CLS. The reception is horrible!! It seems when the trees get leaves, it is practically unusable. I thought all satellite radio was this way until I bought a 2008 Armada with XM, and with few exceptions in downtown Chicago the experience is far superior.