CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Europian Delivery on CLS550

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 04:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes cls550
Europian Delivery on CLS550

I havent done a ED so far.i wana know if i lease the CLS,how long does it take for the delivery in europe.and how long is the shipping process after i drop off the car.and the last one,when do i start the payments.i mean is it the day i place the order or the day i take the delivery of the car in europe.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 CLS550, 2001 C240
It depends... I left mine in Munich and it took to deliver in Seattle exactly 8 weeks. I think when leasing.. this sucks. So if you still wanna do it then drop it in Germany and don't order any features that need installation after delivered on American soil. For instance the Ipod integration kit (which by the way is a bad joke!) needs to be installed after shipped here (in my case it was at the center in California) and this causes another delay. If you are lucky after drop off in Germany it may only take 6 weeks.. and maybe you are on the other side of the Panama canal .
Old 08-06-2008, 04:53 PM

mercedes cls550
Originally Posted by buzescu
It depends... I left mine in Munich and it took to deliver in Seattle exactly 8 weeks. I think when leasing.. this sucks. So if you still wanna do it then drop it in Germany and don't order any features that need installation after delivered on American soil. For instance the Ipod integration kit (which by the way is a bad joke!) needs to be installed after shipped here (in my case it was at the center in California) and this causes another delay. If you are lucky after drop off in Germany it may only take 6 weeks.. and maybe you are on the other side of the Panama canal .
The dealer i went for ED info,he told me that i have to make my 1st payment when i place the order and the second payment 60 days later.he said by that time i can pick the car in germany.and then minimum of 5 more weeks more for the car to get to US after i drop off the car.so overall i will be making some 2 or 3 payments while the car is not even here.is this how ED works?
and is it a good idea to do ED on lease or is it better with purchase..
Old 08-09-2008, 04:08 PM

2007 cls 550
Originally Posted by saala
The dealer i went for ED info,he told me that i have to make my 1st payment when i place the order and the second payment 60 days later.he said by that time i can pick the car in germany.and then minimum of 5 more weeks more for the car to get to US after i drop off the car.so overall i will be making some 2 or 3 payments while the car is not even here.is this how ED works?
and is it a good idea to do ED on lease or is it better with purchase..
I did the ED but i did buy my car. when i talked to my dealer they told me that i had to put the down payment in, then when i was going to pick up the car i would have to make my first payment. it took 8 week for the car to come over from there to NY. the good thing is that you save 7% of the cost of the car plus you get one hell of a trip out of it. im looking forward to doing it again. the thing that sucks is making the 1 or 2 payments when your car is not here but let me tell you its a trip of a life time. i did mine in may of 07. if you do some looking up on euro delivery you can see some of the posts that i put up. if you have any questions please feel free to pm me.

also for the 1300 usd. they put you up in all 5 star hotels that would cost you 2600-3000 to stay in. i also recommend if you have the time to stay a few extra days. i made my trip in to 10 days its well worth the money and its a trip you will never forget. also very big tip!! if you have an AX card you should use it there they do not charge you a fee to exchange the rate for you. i know my visa card charged me a % to use it over there then change it over to us dollars.