CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

I love the CLS !!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2008 | 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e class
I love the CLS !!!

I can't get enough of it! a real mans sedan!!!

can anyone briefly fill me in on the common problems of these CLS models ? are they reliable and would any of you dare own it without the factory warranty ?
Old 08-05-2008 | 09:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 8 Posts
‘23 EQS AMG
had a CLS for about 2 years and not 1 problem whatsoever.
Old 08-05-2008 | 11:24 PM
cda

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 AMG CLS53
Originally Posted by EclassFetish
I can't get enough of it! a real mans sedan!!!

can anyone briefly fill me in on the common problems of these CLS models ? are they reliable and would any of you dare own it without the factory warranty ?
I would not own one without a warranty - (or any luxury car for that matter) - I have had a few problems over the past 3 yrs : window regulator, a/c fan adjustment, steering wheel angle sensor - all repaired under warranty) - brakes still squeak every now and then - I wouldn't expect the problems to stop there as the car continues to age . I will be replacing the car before the warranty expires. Despite the minor problems I have had, I would still recommend the car...
Old 08-07-2008 | 11:53 AM

e class
OK I think I'm going to stay clear of the CLS, it's kinda funny, I feel more comfortable owning my lexus ls430 with 119,000 miles than I would owning a brand new CLS. Something is very wrong with that.
Old 08-08-2008 | 01:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 CLS500 with 55 AMG motor, 2008 Infiniti G35, 2000 Plymouth Grand Voyager
Ha! we are all just fine with our CLS's. have fun in your lex.

Old 08-08-2008 | 02:11 PM
Veteran: Air Force

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2017 CLA Motorsport Edition, 2015 G550, 2012 GLK350
Old 08-08-2008 | 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Really nutty post. You ask a question, and based on one negative you say OK and want to stay with an old Lex?

All cars have problems, Lexus included. There are some lemons with any car line, get what you love. Take care of it, do the maintenance and you will be OK for the most part.
Old 08-08-2008 | 05:08 PM

CLS550
I suspect most people here wouldn't own ANY modern vehicle without warranty.

I would feel comfortable, however, owning any modern Japanese made Toyota outside of warranty. That may be my only exception.
Old 08-08-2008 | 05:24 PM
CT3

LC200
Life is all about measuring and weighing possible set backs and hinderances and then making a decision to either pursue what you love or to simply choose a different path. To state that you love a car then decide to not pursue that love simply on the basis that the car, like really anything in life, isn't perfect is such a sad way to go through life.

I have a ford gt, now I absolutely love that car, waited for it for two years, got it and the first 6 months were terrible the car had so many problems it was horrible.... now i could have given up on the car, sell it and move in. But being stubborn like I am, I held onto it, and I cant tell you how happy I am that I did!

Pursue what you love man, thats what life's all about.

(and yes I know that you now probably think I am a complete nut job, but no bid deal )
Old 08-09-2008 | 11:24 PM

e class
no I don't think your a nut job! anyone who can afford a bentley and ford GT is far from a nut job.

I can't really take big money losing risks so I have to be very careful when choosing my car.

the CLS is ONE car I'd actually take a risk on, it's just down right a breathtaking car.

Originally Posted by CT3
Life is all about measuring and weighing possible set backs and hinderances and then making a decision to either pursue what you love or to simply choose a different path. To state that you love a car then decide to not pursue that love simply on the basis that the car, like really anything in life, isn't perfect is such a sad way to go through life.

I have a ford gt, now I absolutely love that car, waited for it for two years, got it and the first 6 months were terrible the car had so many problems it was horrible.... now i could have given up on the car, sell it and move in. But being stubborn like I am, I held onto it, and I cant tell you how happy I am that I did!

Pursue what you love man, thats what life's all about.

(and yes I know that you now probably think I am a complete nut job, but no bid deal )
Old 08-10-2008 | 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 CLS500 with 55 AMG motor, 2008 Infiniti G35, 2000 Plymouth Grand Voyager
I say loose the Lex and go with the CLS

no I don't think your a nut job! anyone who can afford a bentley and ford GT is far from a nut job.

I can't really take big money losing risks so I have to be very careful when choosing my car.

the CLS is ONE car I'd actually take a risk on, it's just down right a breathtaking car.
Old 08-11-2008 | 08:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)

Yeah dude, get a CLS. Make sure to check out the history on it, you should be fine.