Originally Posted by silvergts1998
Anyone else install one? Any tips?
sure, what do you want to know?
Old 09-10-2008, 01:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS500, Ferrari 512TR, Lamborghini Diablo
Originally Posted by rob13572468
sure, what do you want to know?
I was watching the video on the site and saw the shift plate being removed easily. I tried to pull mine up on my 2006 CLS500 and it wouldn't budge. How is that held in? Screws , clips? Any help would be appreciated. I will do a write up on this product with some pictures to help share the experience.

Thanks for the advice. I think this is the biggest challenge...Just don't want to break anything.

BTW, I just checked out your website. Looks like you light have some stuff I would be interested in. Do you do anything with the CLS500 on the DVD? It would be nice for my NAV to have this feature. I like the Valentine one interface also. Will it work with the CLS500?

Last edited by silvergts1998; 09-10-2008 at 01:24 AM.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:50 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
ML350, Lotus Elise
Originally Posted by silvergts1998
I was watching the video on the site and saw the shift plate being removed easily. I tried to pull mine up on my 2006 CLS500 and it wouldn't budge. How is that held in? Screws , clips? Any help would be appreciated. I will do a write up on this product with some pictures to help share the experience.

Thanks for the advice. I think this is the biggest challenge...Just don't want to break anything.

BTW, I just checked out your website. Looks like you light have some stuff I would be interested in. Do you do anything with the CLS500 on the DVD? It would be nice for my NAV to have this feature. I like the Valentine one interface also. Will it work with the CLS500?
totally understandable... removing the shift plate on the CLS is more difficult because the clips holding it in are tight. The way to do this is to first remove the leather shifter boot by carefully inserting a pry tool between the leather and the rest of the shifter plate and prying up. once you do this you can shine a light inside the hole and see the two tabs holding the shifter plate in place: they will be forward, one on each side of the hole. take a screwdriver and press on each tab one side at a time. at the same time as you press lift up on the plate. you have to use a pretty decent amount of pressure to push the tabs in. once both sides are loose then rock the plate side to side while pushing forward to remove it.

We actually have an 07 CLS in the lab right now for both things you are asking about... the command on a 05-09 CLS can be converted to have a video input which can then be attached to any sort of dvd or video player. It used to be expensive to do this but some new adapters have come on the market which are quite reasonably priced and we are testing them to make sure that they work well.

We have the V1 interface available for the 2009 CLS but the 05-08 CLS version is being prototyped right now and should be ready some time in november.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS500, Ferrari 512TR, Lamborghini Diablo
Originally Posted by rob13572468
totally understandable... removing the shift plate on the CLS is more difficult because the clips holding it in are tight. The way to do this is to first remove the leather shifter boot by carefully inserting a pry tool between the leather and the rest of the shifter plate and prying up. once you do this you can shine a light inside the hole and see the two tabs holding the shifter plate in place: they will be forward, one on each side of the hole. take a screwdriver and press on each tab one side at a time. at the same time as you press lift up on the plate. you have to use a pretty decent amount of pressure to push the tabs in. once both sides are loose then rock the plate side to side while pushing forward to remove it.

We actually have an 07 CLS in the lab right now for both things you are asking about... the command on a 05-09 CLS can be converted to have a video input which can then be attached to any sort of dvd or video player. It used to be expensive to do this but some new adapters have come on the market which are quite reasonably priced and we are testing them to make sure that they work well.

We have the V1 interface available for the 2009 CLS but the 05-08 CLS version is being prototyped right now and should be ready some time in november.
AWESOME AND THANK YOU! Let me know when you have the NAV video conversion done, I will be first in line and also the V-1...to me those are a must to have with all the travel I do at times. When it comes time to do my NAV, I may need help getting that sucker out to send to you for the modification.