CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.
View Poll Results: Which rims should I pick?
Lexani LSS-10
21.74%
Asanti AF122 (I think this is too much Black)
26.09%
Lexani CS3
0%
Stay with AMG OEM's
52.17%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

It's time. Wheels for the CLS.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 10:52 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB & BMW
Originally Posted by DucatiCLS550
20" Modulare M1's does the car have a lowering mod. because it looks like its lowered including a ground/body styling . also those 20's are tucked in. how much are you sellin those wheels for ? and are you using spacers..thanks
We are authorized Modulare dealers (amongst MANY other brands)... If you would like a quote, I would be glad to help you out
Old 04-01-2011, 10:20 AM
ON SUSPENSION

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
11'W212 E550-11'W219 550 -12'X204 4MATIC- 12'W204 M271 1.8T
20's???

Oh boy thats not cool .... hmm well.i have the factory 18 AMG but if i get 20's put on. to me it wount look as good because i feel that the car needs to be sitting at least an 1 to 1.5 lower . it just looks weird i dont want the hip hop look like bling bling. I want that nice clean Euro fresh look

Originally Posted by bigben320e
That guy was banned, I would just go to Modulare's website and request a quote. That is what I did and got a response the next day.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by UDWANIT2
Thanks..............I know that thats the main reason u should spend money on quality product......................n not vossens.....if u have a Honda Vossens r ok.....But for a Benz Forged is Classier.....n yes the Bulletproof part is on how u drive........

its easy to damage any wheel......
I think you missed my point...if MB's all come on cast wheels from the factory and if cast rims was such a big issue, don't you think they would all come with forged rims? Are you saying the MB puts low quality wheels on their cars?

BTW- Vossen has a forged line as well.

On the bulletproof part, it does not matter how you drive to a large degree, in the dark you won't see most potholes until it is already hit. Especially if there are not any street lights on that street. As you said, it is easy to damage any wheel, so how much more protection will a forged rim give you as opposed to cast? Bending as opposed to cracking, I am thinking....IDK.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by DucatiCLS550
Oh boy thats not cool .... hmm well.i have the factory 18 AMG but if i get 20's put on. to me it wount look as good because i feel that the car needs to be sitting at least an 1 to 1.5 lower . it just looks weird i dont want the hip hop look like bling bling. I want that nice clean Euro fresh look
That is why I am rethinking on that size bit. When running 20's, I had 25 series on the rears, damn the ride was rough and the look did seem weird with such little rubber and so much rim.

Perhaps 19's is the next best route to go but no rush....